v2.0 Match/CTF Preview (Updated July 1st, 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might've been answered already, but what happens when you add a WAD that doesn't go super and get the emeralds? Do you have to change to a skin that can go super or does it only work for Sonic Tails and Knux?

Tails and Knuckles have allowsuper = 0, and yet they can go super. That might mean that it's compatible with custom characters. Double jumpers might be triple jumpers or something.

Well I was thinking it could be coded into the game itself somehow for it to only work for the main characters.

I wouldn't know if SSNTails will decide later on to remove it, but otherwise, we'll get Super Super Mystic Sonic or SHMS123311 on all servers...

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I wouldn't know if SSNTails will decide later on to remove it, but otherwise, we'll get Super Super Mystic Sonic or SHMS123311 on all servers...

Isn't Super SMS just Super Sonic?

Original post has been updated with some information on how the random monitors work in the new match system.

Is that sapphire falls? It looks so much kinkier that way. It's also nice to see that power-ups are going to play a bigger role now. The 1-Up item doesn't sound very useful to me though, since you lose all your rings in one hit.

Jellybones69 said:
Is that sapphire falls? It looks so much kinkier that way. It's also nice to see that power-ups are going to play a bigger role now. The 1-Up item doesn't sound very useful to me though, since you lose all your rings in one hit.

You have an Auto-Ring, but only 10 rings, so you grab a 1-Up, instant ammo for Auto-Ring.

Chrome said:
Jellybones69 said:

You have an Auto-Ring, but only 10 rings, so you grab a 1-Up, instant ammo for Auto-Ring.

Nope. Auto-Rings run off of Auto-Ring ammo.

That's right. You may have a full supply of ammo, but they're worthless if you don't have any rings to shoot. It's just like 1.09's match system, in a way.

The 1-Up giving you an instant 100 rings is frequently very helpful. You often have a shield to protect them, and large amounts of ammo are useful for more than just automatic. Also, as a reminder, Super forms chew through a ring a second, and 10 rings per time hit, so 100 rings gives you a HUGE boost in Super time as well. I am rarely sad to see it.

Mystic said:
The 1-Up giving you an instant 100 rings is frequently very helpful. You often have a shield to protect them, and large amounts of ammo are useful for more than just automatic. Also, as a reminder, Super forms chew through a ring a second, and 10 rings per time hit, so 100 rings gives you a HUGE boost in Super time as well. I am rarely sad to see it.

Wouldn't the 1-ups make games unfair.

As super players will fly in a circle shooting players searching for 1-ups and getting them when they find them. Repeat....

Well, how rare will this 1-up be?

I have a question with the super forms of WADs:

What if you add a WAD that thoks? Will it able to float like Super Sonic? Or just turn Super and thok normally?

Autosaver said:
Sapphire falls textures look oddly weird.
It looks like someone glued cheetah skin to the walls.

No animals were harmed in the making of this level.... Honest.

Regardless, 1-ups are generally rare and are not overpowered when you consider how much more fleshed out the other powerups are now. You have to deal with Nuke Shields and Attraction Shields on a much more regular basis than before, and its really very common to have a few players running around with some kind of shield to protect their hard-earned (or cheaply gained) weapons/emeralds.

Also there's something I want to say: In the 1.09.4 ver., in ctf, even if you have a shield, you can lose the flag if you're hit, is it possible to change that?

That would probably make shields a little overpowered in CTF, especially seeing as you can shoot back while still in hurt frames after losing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back