v2.0 Match/CTF Preview (Updated July 1st, 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny, because in that #srb2fun beta, it was just a plain old yellow Tails with all those improvements made. So I am justified in asking that.

The color yellow is disallowed in match, and Super Tails and Knuckles have invincibility stars going around them as well as being yellow. Super Sonic doesn't have the stars, but he has is own sprite and it's pretty obvious.

Also, when someone goes Super, it puts a gigantic CECHO on the screen saying that it happened, so it's exceedingly obvious when someone went super. Also, the tab screen shows the emeralds each player has, and when someone is super it'll show their emeralds as flashing.

It's generally very obvious when someone is super and you need to watch out.

SRB2 is not designed with role playing in mind at all. We aren't worrying about the ramifications to anything but the officially supported gametypes.

Cue said:
Mystic said:
The color yellow is disallowed in match

Hundreds of Super Sonic roleplayers just cried out in pain.
Super just lol'd.
Anyway will there be any new colors to add since you are taking one out like aqua blue?

Blue Warrior said:
But roleplayers don't use match.

They don't use, but I can ensure you they can roleplay.

A day I had hosted a server with Water Plant Zone in match mode, two players started to roleplay asking each other where's the King Room or something... eh. I had to ask one of them to shoot someone in 1 minute or he'd be banned from my server.

Don't tempt me, because I'm crazy enough to do it. Minus that level thats already ported.

Two things:

1. To fix the yellow color, you can make special sprites to difference from normal Tails and Knuckles.

2. What will happen with custom WADs and their respective Superforms?

I hope there will be an option so you can enable/disable chaos emeralds by choice via match/ctf settings like with certain monitors, etc rather than play with them all the time. Sure it's cool and all but I'll never know if there will be a time or two when I might want to disable it. Or if some guy doesn't focus on the game but only on emerald abuse. >_> Flexibility is everyone's friend.

Will there be any bots in this edition like Jason did with his mod or did you decide not to as it would be a stupid idea?

There are no bots in SRB2ME. The bots in SRB2JTE, while cool, were rather stupid and incapable of navigating even simple areas. The match stages in SRB2ME are far more complicated than the ones in 1.09.4, so the bots would simply find themselves completely confused.

Sonict said:
You must have missed it earlier. Yes, they can be disabled.

Yeah, I missed it. I read posts looking to see if someone asked about it or something but didn't see it. I blame exhaustion.

@Mystic: Agreed. Those god awful bots just charge and cling at you and constantly throw rings without letting you sit down for a second. The bots AI was annoying.

Well, if they did that they'd be great. The issue is that if you go around a wall or are behind several layers of stage architecture, they'll just run against the wall because they have no idea how to reach you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back