Forum Rules - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you notice it was sarcasm? Besides unless you're an adult you can't use your real name without the permission of your parents. And besides your idea wouldn't work, the whole point of this is to avoid similar nicks.

And just if you wonder, the reason I said only character names should be banned is that because species normally often appear together with a name. If it isn't an original name, it'll fall in the banning anyways for reusing a character name.

If forum games are illegal, can there be a hidden forum for forum games to go to and post, without post count or anything, so others don't get disturbed?

Ummm... No. It will still create spam no matter what you do and this isn't the forum to do it on I'm afraid. There are other forums that you can do this on.

They are certainly harsh though. Some admins and oldbies even agree with me, but since it does keep the noobs away and makes this forum better in the long run, I have to say it does work well.

Monster Iestyn said:
BlueZero4 said:
If you want any useful feedback on your ideas, you should actually make them first.

Don't know how? Click here.

You should have put a link to a page in the Wiki that will help Shadic_the_Human, not a link to the main page!!
OK, I'm tired of this. While it's true people should read the wiki when they don't know something, it's also true that people who want to help must do it properly. A lot of people just link to the Wiki, and that doesn't help much, specially when you don't know what you should look for and nobody tells you. Constructive criticism is forced, can't we force constructive help? Saying "look the Wiki" without telling what to look isn't very helpful :/

I agree with you, Sik. I don't think it's very helpful to just put a link to the main page. It's not like anyone knows where to go when they go to it. It is more helpful to the person who needs to go there to find the answer he/she is looking for.

Take this topic in Editing Help for example:
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=12355

I gave JetTheHawk the pages he should have looked at (not the main page at all!!), and he thanked me for it. Even though those pages are listed on the main page, it still helped to just link to them, and not the main page.

Sonict said:
but since it does keep the noobs away

Does it? Does it really? >_>

Exhibit A
groan.png

I never said it would stop noobs from being noobs. I said it helps us get rid of them because of the rules. I guess I should have worked more on that statement. Oh well. Exhibit A proves our point about the rules.

Sonict said that rules allow admins to get rid of n00bs legally. Without them, they can't say anything because stupidity isn't explicitly forbidden.

I'm not too sure if it is already, but if someone posts a picture consisting of "FAIL", "DO NOT WANT", or "THIS WAD MAKES SONIC CRY" on a WAD topic, it should be a strikeable offense. They are useless in every way, shape, or form, and all they do is insult the maker and give the poster 3 seconds worth of giggles.

I remember that they used to be removed by administrators. Not only that kind of images which are an offense, but any kind of image macro, so the only kind of images you could put were images that were really useful (like screenshots of something you're talking about and such). Also there was a limit on the image size on screen.

I'm surprised it didn't make as an explicit rule back then.

simsmagic said:
I'm not too sure if it is already, but if someone posts a picture consisting of "FAIL", "DO NOT WANT", or "THIS WAD MAKES SONIC CRY" on a WAD topic, it should be a strikeable offense. They are useless in every way, shape, or form, and all they do is insult the maker and give the poster 3 seconds worth of giggles.

Almost everything counts as a flame or spam post now. Shouldn't you...loosen up on that a bit? People like Chaos, SpeedLizard, and other people get banned for that alot.

In my opinion, they should make the rules much stricter, but have one warning before the three strikes. That way, if someone who's not really a n00b messes up, they won't get punished with three days of isolation.

They do sometimes forgive it. Otherwise I would have been banned when I posted the link to the full version of Ether Vapor without knowing it wasn't freeware >_>

I sort of agree with you Kaysakado. But it's not because I messed up and got a ban twice already, during these first months I've been here...

Hold on a sec... maybe we should keep the banning system as it is. After all, the warnings are sort of already there for everyone in the rules topic, and they have clearly no excuse for the 'unfair ban' that they would get if they don't follow the rules. It's their problem, not anyone else's - just their's. Same would obviously go for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back