Forum Rules - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
on Edge said:
And Jazz, there are rarely 5 admins on when I'm posting. >.>

I was just making up a number. I don't normally check how many admins or moderators are on at any given time.

Hey, there was this thing from Jazz's forums, where if you get a tempban in your first 5 posts, you're automatically permabanned, to weed out n00bs from the start. Maybe you guys could do something like that, except instead of first 5 posts, maybe something bigger, like first, I dunno, 15 posts?

Yeah, but that's if you're intentionally doing something bad, like posting a shock site(example: niceguy29), trolling(Example:Hater), etc.

Mystic said:
15. The administrators are granted the authority to do whatever they feel is necessary to maintain control on the forums.
So yeah, I guess in theory, but I don't see any real need for it.

Also, when someone gets banned, use the Admin's uber 1337 bold red text editing powers to tell what they got banned for.

I would like to propose that our community starts to peruse sesquipedalian vocabulary in our grammatically correct combinations of subjects and predicates, for this shall render the neophytes nonplussed.

EDIT: It would happen that I have overlooked the fact that I hace commited what is known as a "double-post." I am sincerely sorry, however, I am too lazy to correct this infrigment of the laws in our society.

Most chao wads are just rips anyway, so they naturally fall under that category by their nature. :P

Chaos ARE allowed because, it lists: that character rips are not allowed. EXEPT if the person knows what there doing. And, people can put srb2 chao wads somewhere else. Point made. It depends anyway. Oh yeah Jazz it should record NORMAL behavior. so people shouldnt be good because they know that three admins are on. it should be like this.
Person sees that no admins or moderators are on. Actually there is 1 moderator and 2 admins are on. Person flames, person gets banned. Admins and moderators who hide themselves problably want people to be normal. Atleast thats what i think.

Sprite rips wads suck partly because of lack effort, which then translates to lack of quality. Don't encourage them. The only time I'd say sprite rips are acceptable is: A detailed level pack uses official sprites (not from srb2) that replicate exactly what is needed. But that's extremely rare, especially when you factor pallet conversion.

Also, grammar owns you.

But those are just two objects, one of them being not important at all, and look OK since they do look similar from any viewpoint. The problem is when you do that for more important things like characters and such.

Sonict said:
Please stop with the macros, guys. I have had it with them. They don't help out the topic in any way other then creating spam. Please either post something intelligent and to the point without the pictures or don't post at all. That is all.

Ban internet memes via image then. There seems to be such a huge issue with them; I've seen sooo many complaints by various individuals. I'd think it'd be more productive to ban internet memes altogether, but that might be taking it a bit too far, eh?

Well, not all image memes suck. While no, posting an outright "DO NOT WANT" never helps, I can remember both DW and Spazzo posting some good ones. DW's was of this old guy I probably should've recognized, and Spazzo posted an awesome lock picture.

If anything, ban the guy who uses a stupid image meme simply because the post didn't contribute to the topic. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back