Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Warrior said:
FuriousFox said:
Yeah, for electric water, you just need to set Damage (Electric) as the sector type of the water's control sector. It works the exact same way as making lava.

But doesn't that short out the electric barrier?
Believe it or not, the sheild actually still remains because it's got that effect. Same with fire.

SRB2 Wiki on Sector Type 18 said:
A sector type that will damage the player upon touching the floor, unless the player has an electric (yellow) shield. Unlike the fire damage special, the attraction shield will short upon entering a water block with this special, and damage the player. Because of this, it is impossible to have an electrified water block that the attraction shield can ward off.

You sure about that?

Just tested it, and I take that back.

And we don't have a topic about this, so....
Spazzo said:
Setting a "skill level" in Match and CTF netgames is redundant (unless set to Very High, but who plays a netgame Very High nowadays?).
The problem is that none of the stages are designed with difficulties in mind. The maps would benefit greatly if they actually had the stages change for difficulties. Ex: Silver Cascade would have solid floor in the pit on easy. :P

Dark Warrior said:
Also:
I'll Begin said:
More colours in multiplayer. Just simple stuff like Light Red, Cyan, Champagne (if it's in the pallete) and please bring back the Black, but have a level header option to disable that colour in a stage.

Also, a Pallete.DTA file which can be edited like Music.DTA.

As far as the colors you mentioned go, it's impossible to do them without destroying how the game looks/adding new colors to the palette. But I would like to see the palette be something the user can change. And, speaking of palette changes, a new set of not-gray greens would be lovely.
I recently found that there's no Cyan in the pallete, but there is Light Red, as evident with SMS. And Champagne could be done by using the lighter gold colours.

Light red is already used as part of red's color range. Like I said, change that, and you screw the game's graphics. Gold is already a color option. Why not use that?

SuperMecha said:
Anolalog(sp) Mode in Multiplayer.
My new dream, because I didn't realize it won't work for Multiplayer.
My server (people's names substituted by fakes):
Code:
<tdm> I got a new controller!
<poca> Cool.
<sonic-omiter> This concerns us how?
<tdm> I'm gonna use Analog mode!
<tdm> What the cheese...?
<sonic-omiter> ?
<tdm> No analog??? What?
<queen vikk-a> No way. It doesn't?
Sadly, I work GREAT with the controller. Even though I wish the thing would have the D-pad in the place where the right analog stick is on a PS2 controller... :roll:

I certainly hope you mean close-range autoaim, and not long-distance autoaim.
Because that would make babies cry.

Yeah.
It would be cheap to have a long-range autoaim feature for sniping.

I'm just saying, maybe have the Rail-Ring work like autoaim works for Red rings and every other ring, Short range..

Rail would be perhaps too powerful at close range with autoaim. And it is made with long-distance shooting in mind.
So, I disagree. Autoaim with rail is not a smashing jolly idea.

TDM said:
SuperMecha said:
Anolalog(sp) Mode in Multiplayer.
My new dream, because I didn't realize it won't work for Multiplayer.
My server (people's names substituted by fakes):
Code:
<tdm> I got a new controller!
<poca> Cool.
<sonic-omiter> This concerns us how?
<tdm> I'm gonna use Analog mode!
<tdm> What the cheese...?
<sonic-omiter> ?
<tdm> No analog??? What?
<queen vikk-a> No way. It doesn't?
Sadly, I work GREAT with the controller. Even though I wish the thing would have the D-pad in the place where the right analog stick is on a PS2 controller... :roll:
If I'm not mistaken, and I probably am, SRB2's netcode sends your button presses to the server and back. The same thing happens for replays, and if you record your replay in Analog mode then it doesn't play back properly. The same thing is probably why Analog is disabled in multiplayer. This kind of netcode also is the reason for the control lag.

Temporary solution: Configure your controls to be more FPS style, with the right thumbstick for the camera and all.

Although it's a real stretch, if SSNTails or any other coders here could be bothered writing a "XYZ position"-based netcode, then this could fix the C-lag and allow people to use Analog online.

But that's not going to happen, so eh.

SRB2 really could use better netcode. I'm all for anything that would fix the c-lag, or at least make it better.

Sik said:
No idea if this has been already suggested or even implemented before, but fix thok attack trailing! This issue was there always and never fixed: the trail only appears for the first frame. This is because the thok is only one-frame long, the rest is handled by the normal engine. I think I know how to fix this. Some flag probably is activated to prevent the player from multi-thoking, right? Well, that flag could also be used to make the game to add trailing, too. Of course, touching the floor or anything that would stop the thok would also stop the trailing.

Would that work?
Perhaps if player->thokked is true, and the player is moving at a certain speed, then spawn the energy trail.

Actually, wouldn't it be P_SpawnThokMobj?

if Player->thoked is true, then the player won't be able to thok or do an ability action if the player tries to thok again..

segmint said:
Uber-sized Horizontally scrolling FOF explanation

The thing is, the problem isn't how it works on the mapper's end, it's how it works on the programmer's end. The engine simply dosen't allow for horizontally scrolling FOFs.

Well, that I'm not actually sure about.

It feels that it isn't possible, but I don't know if it could actually be possible.

That's the problem. They haven't said if it is/isn't possible with the engine, which is why I took the time to explain how it would work in editing, just in case it is possible.

You need to understand the Doom Engine a little. That nodesbuilding process? Among other things, it puts in a little thing that says where every sector is, X and Y wise. If a sector were to somehow change X/Y position, the nodesbuilding process would have to be redone.

Go on, make a level of any decent size, and time the nodesbuild process. With horizontally moving platforms, you have to do that process 35 times per second. Basically, just plain not possible.

on Edge said:
I know that some people like the after-images in 1095, but I don't.

Make an option in the launcher that turns after-images off.
Besides the fact afterimages originated in SRB2JTE, and the 1.09.5 DOOM afterimages resemble PrettySRB2's, I totally agree with you, and I'm sure Draykon would as well.

However, I'd rather it be an option in the options menu, and that they are off by default.

And furthermore, 1.09.5 isn't an official version. It's being developed by Alam. Although I heard somewhere that afterimages would be in 1.1 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back