Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about linedef length equals tics the FOF takes to fall? It'd solve all your problems!

I actually sorta like Iron Turret. Sure, If somebody grabs rail your doomed. But if you are able to monitor hop quick enough it is a good level. And I agree with a person on the last page...
Turn the old Chaos Mode levels into KotH levels! I myself think that the Slime rising level is great.

Mystic said:
Nimbus Ruins, however, is a great map. Yes, it's hard, and yes, I die a lot, but in CTF, dying doesn't really matter. It would make an awful match map because nobody would get a positive score, but in CTF, the only objective is to capture the flag, it doesn't matter how many times you die to do it. It also gives players who enjoy Tails a chance to not be outgunned, as there is no rail and it's completely open.

The problem is that it is also lagtastic. Anyone hosting without uber-fast connection and decently powered machine is bound to make that whole level completely unplayable to the average player.

Yes, Dark Warrior, I have played Nimbus Ruins under heavy lag, and yes, it sucks like that, however, most hosts I know of under those conditions simply warp to the next map if the map happens to be unplayable under the conditions of the server. I'm not going to gimp our level selection because of issues like lag. If it's too laggy to be playable on your server, simply skip the map.

I'm not saying to remove the level. I'm saying it should me made less lagtastic. Or, at least, so the lag doesn't entirely kill the gameplay. A nice big floor deep under the level with red springs would go a long way, I think.

If there are any CTF maps that require the boot, i'd say Conveyor Chaos and Dual Fortresses-both of these maps are really geared towards sonic players, as there is a definate disadvantage to playing as anybody else in those levels. I even switch to sonic (who I cannot play as for the life of me) on those levels, simply to conphensate.

Keep Nimbus Ruins, period. It's my favorite level on the CTF rotation, personally.

I don't think it's a matter of booting all maps aimed towards Sonic, but boosting Tails' and Knuckles' abilities a notch. Really, Knuckles is a good player for Single Player, but when is he ever dominant of Sonic or Tails in a netgame? Never. The fact you can switch between characters for Sonic's speed and Tails' flight makes Knuckles completely useless. Adjusting Knuckles' speed up to Sonic's and Tails up to Knuckles' former speed isn't going to hurt Sonic any, because he can still thok anyway, so that would even it out more in stages like Dual Fortress. Besides I like the two stages mentioned, so deleting them would make me a sad panda.

And where does Silver Cascade fit into your calculations, Spazzo?

Dual Fortress should be kept, as it's one of the better CTF maps, and there's enough in there for Tails and Knuckles, unlike Cloud Palace.

SRB2-Playah said:
When item boxes are set to be random, Eggman boxes shouldn't be random, since they're used as a hazard in some levels.
SSNTails said:
?? Don't totally understand what you mean, there...
The server can turn certain item boxes off. Wouldn't Eggman boxes be a good component to Race?
In race mode, the eggman monitors shouldn't turn into random monitors, as that would defeat the purpose of putting them there in the first place.

Honestly, I think we need to do something about the middle section in Dual Fortress. The castles are fine, but the area between them is just dull.

I think mainly that we just need to get rid of that towering wall in the center of the stage and replace it with some actual... stuff. While the sides of the middle are currently fine, if we make previous adjustments, we'll probably want to get rid of those two large groups of rings and replace them with something else as well.

Dark Warrior said:
An "Electric Liquid" sector type. Basically a liquid you can survive in with an electric barrier. Would also need a current type, too.
Segmint said:
What about a sector type that hurts unless you have that certain sheild.

The way sheilds could be determined is by either linedef length, flags, or just having seperate sector types for each sheild.

If you make it just hurt you, you wouldn't need to have several different ones for water damage, and regular damage, because you just just tag the regular damage ones to a water block control sector, or any kind of sector for that matter.
With the exception of the current type, the above things have been done.

Yeah, for electric water, you just need to set Damage (Electric) as the sector type of the water's control sector. It works the exact same way as making lava.

BlueZero4 said:
SRB2-Playah said:
When item boxes are set to be random, Eggman boxes shouldn't be random, since they're used as a hazard in some levels.
SSNTails said:
?? Don't totally understand what you mean, there...
The server can turn certain item boxes off. Wouldn't Eggman boxes be a good component to Race?
In race mode, the eggman monitors shouldn't turn into random monitors, as that would defeat the purpose of putting them there in the first place.

Bluezero got the gist of it.

Mystic said:
Honestly, I think we need to do something about the middle section in Dual Fortress. The castles are fine, but the area between them is just dull.

Anything that doesn't give the level rail is fine. Why not replace the automatic rings with homing rings? And then in the middle part, add some little towers with automatic rings on them, for whatever I know, and a middle tower that has a item box. Anything like that. Or even better, add bomb ring, instead of automatic. It can be handy in those narrow paths, and homing+bomb isn't overpowerd. Its even weak.

Sonicandtails218 said:
Dual Fortress should be kept, as it's one of the better CTF maps, and there's enough in there for Tails and Knuckles, unlike Cloud Palace.

I must disagree with that. I actually enjoy plaing Cloud Palace as knuckles, although the only thing I do there is spam auto-infinity. At least it works for knuckles, where Dual Fortresses has absolutely nothing for knuckles that Sonic doesn't already have.

FuriousFox said:
Yeah, for electric water, you just need to set Damage (Electric) as the sector type of the water's control sector. It works the exact same way as making lava.

But doesn't that short out the electric barrier?

Also:
I'll Begin said:
More colours in multiplayer. Just simple stuff like Light Red, Cyan, Champagne (if it's in the pallete) and please bring back the Black, but have a level header option to disable that colour in a stage.

Also, a Pallete.DTA file which can be edited like Music.DTA.

As far as the colors you mentioned go, it's impossible to do them without destroying how the game looks/adding new colors to the palette. But I would like to see the palette be something the user can change. And, speaking of palette changes, a new set of not-gray greens would be lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back