SRB2 v2.0.5 is now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? I absolutely LOATHE the automatic camera correction lifted from SRB2MFE. That feature is good in theory, but in practice it's literally nothing but annoying. I don't appreciate having my camera flipped 180 degrees, ever, and especially not when I'm rotating it manually. At the very least, please provide the option to disable it.

As far as I can see, the good went hand-in-hand with the bad in this edition. Useful new commands, much needed updates to maps, but more consistency failures, and a few other things.

It wasn't, enable devmode.

More like the "cheats" command. I've never known devmode's use in SRB2.

Anyway, I kind of want to file a complaint here: in 2.0.4, control-lagging was very rare for me. Now it happens where ever I go. Does this happen to a lot of people?

Control lag is entirely dependent on your internet connection speed and your bandwidth usage. In other words, it's not something that we can "change".

Last edited:
Thought you might like to know that Software mode runs 25 times faster with Alam's "Win32 DirectX Release EXE" than the "official" 2.0.5 binary.

As stated before, the official binary wasn't compiled with full optimization. Will be rectified.

So, I've seen the Master Server problems here, but LAN play is also not functioning for me. I try playing on LAN games, but:

1. I can't actually select the server, just a blank space above it.

2. I can't join.

Also, the characters feel a bit slower this time around.

Awesome

I'm really looking forward to trying it out. By the way, what program do you recommend for making character wads???

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

please PM your answer.

I don't exactly see the neccesity of having to PM you, but here are my suggestions.

Spriting: Microsoft Paint

Lump Editing: XWE

S_SKIN and OBJCTCFG lumps: Notepad

There you go.

When playing Tag mode, anyone who joins after hidetime is automatically it. Is this intentional (if so, you're forgetting about points) or a glitch in some kind of system to remember if someone was it or not before perhaps spectating? (or neither?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back