Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob said:
OpenGL is a lot more broken than you realize right now. From what I hear, there's just one or two things that need to be done now to fix it, but doing that is hard. OpenGL's code is there in ME, but I doubt it'll be enabled for people to use.
From what I've heard in past, I thought every line of OpenGL code was being removed altogether. It's good knowing the Devs haven't gone that far. I actually hope it's left enabled just so we can see how often it crashes. :P
DarkSagaFromSegaLMA0 said:
2: Shadows (PrettySRB2 ATM) - Characters have shadows in openGL. (please merge that in srb2me's software if you can.)
There are actually shadows in the current version's software renderer, but it's just a 64x64 square block underneath the character sprites.
DarkSagaFromSegaLMA0 said:
3: MD2. - Face it. 3D models? It's what Doom makes you have. Without it, it's not a doom game. Possibly, this is more or less a reason not to have it in SRB2ME xD
lolwut, DooM never had 3D models. MD2's are from Quake II, IIRC.

Gemini Spark said:
Zanyhead said:
Add an option for only half of the players to be required to finish coop as opposed to just 1 or all, in case you still want teamwork, but you have a newb (or n00b, but that's what kicking is for.) problem.

This causes hangout servers to get worse on account of a minority wanting to finish the levels but majority hanging out. Also, it might be too hard for the system to keep track of how many is half of the players, so there's the risk of a glitch where everybody needs to finish which only makes hangout even less favorable for veteran players.
If we're going to be asinine about hangout, add race's countdown timer then. Only difference is the timer ends the level rather than killing everybody.

Blue Warrior said:
Gemini Spark said:
Zanyhead said:
Add an option for only half of the players to be required to finish coop as opposed to just 1 or all, in case you still want teamwork, but you have a newb (or n00b, but that's what kicking is for.) problem.

This causes hangout servers to get worse on account of a minority wanting to finish the levels but majority hanging out. Also, it might be too hard for the system to keep track of how many is half of the players, so there's the risk of a glitch where everybody needs to finish which only makes hangout even less favorable for veteran players.
If we're going to be asinine about hangout, add race's countdown timer then. Only difference is the timer ends the level rather than killing everybody.

I agree with Blue Warrior !

Reporting for hangout would be much hard with playerforexit on.

Editing rocks!:
Autosaver said:
Slow down Tails when he uses fly with someone hanging.(EX:Tails carrys Sonic, which results in Tails speed for accelerating/ or lower fly time)
Why? He doesn't slow down in the Sega games. I think that would discourage player to use the Tails pickup ability.

Gemini Spark said:
Zanyhead said:
Ground the Fox said:
Swimming frame slots (4 slots or 5)

Pretty good idea. This can increase the quality of the game. (+ I believe that's in the plans.)

It's kinda hard to do when Mystic keeps complaining it's a pointless/useless ability that should be removed.

I on the other hand support this ability. I've already suggested this plenty of times.

Eblo the Hedgehog said:
If possible (which I doubt), make a special texture and/or flat that acts as a mirror. Similar to how F_SKY1 renders.

Might as well make something that creates a whole hall of mirrors, while you're at it.

EDIT: This was an old post in the wrong topic, so I move it here as directed by Prime 2.0. It's in this post so I don't have to double post.

I previously said:
Zanyhead said:

Ground the Fox said:
Swimming frame slots (4 slots or 5)

Pretty good idea. This can increase the quality of the game. (+ I believe that's in the plans.)

Ground the Fox said:
ability to only fly (no swim)

This + vice versa increases the variety of character abilities, resulting in more unique characters. :)

Ground the Fox said:
sound for swimming (like in SA3)

Should be already in there, although I don't hear it often when using Tails right now.

Ground the Fox said:
have those w/ fly and/or swim be able to lift more than one player while picking them up (just like in Sonic Heroes)

Fix'd. Another good idea, except it would probably require multiple players at the exact same spot. This would also require the flying/swimming player to be slower because of the extra weight. Another problem would be that too many players being picked up might be too much for the flying/swimming player to get off the ground.

Kitsune said:
Stop acting like they have to listen to you. I like the new texture.

You guys really should add kick reasons.
Well Mystic said it looked good in action and I have yet to see it in action. Until I do the texture still looks ugly to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back