2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's pointless to ask right now, what with 2.1 coming tomorrow and whatnot, but did Robo-Hood get new sprites? I'm sick of jumping towards it and then getting shot in the face at the nick of time.

So when 2.1 is finally released, will it be posted here? Or will we just have to spam refresh the downloads section of the home page?

There would obiviously a news about release so that would lead into a new topic into the News subforum, so yeah. I guess the news will just say to go on the download section to get it, along with a changelog (or not). After i'm not a developper or a mod or an admin so i can't really tell.

There would obiviously a news about release so that would lead into a new topic into the News subforum, so yeah. I guess the news will just say to go on the download section to get it, along with a changelog (or not). After i'm not a developper or a mod or an admin so i can't really tell.

Oh, I think I asked that the wrong way. I was wondering where it would be posted. Like, for say, it wasn't posted here and me or someone else was checking here for when it was released, then we wouldn't know when the release was. But if we knew it wouldn't be posted here, then we could check the news or downloads section.

Hopefully that made sense, I tend to not be able to say what I'm thinking sometimes..

Last edited:
As far I understand news are posted on the SRB2.org and then automatically (I guess) are posted here at the same time if that is what you're wondering.

As far I understand news are posted on the SRB2.org and then automatically (I guess) are posted here at the same time if that is what you're wondering.

Yea, that's what I meant. I guess I was a little too vague on my wording. Lol.

But still, thanks!

Whuh...really? Older versions used to support up to 1920x1200... It's mostly a matter of just modifying a #define or two.

And just as a warning guys.. expect a 2.1.1 very very soon after... something ALWAYS comes up. :)

Hm. . .

7vmQe.png

Are you planning on making this number a bit higher? (:

Code:
#define MAXVIDWIDTH 3840
#define MAXVIDHEIGHT 2160

I can't believe this is happening. I mean... wow. It's so surreal this is happening! I'M SO HYPED. This is one of the best news i've heard of the entire year! And very unsuspected! Like... one day out off all the sudden: 2.1 Release details! This is great. Just awesome. See you guys day o' release or delay topic -_-

Is anyone lurking the IRC and making sure we're not missing any news? I'm assuming yes, but it would be good to verify.

Maybe next time we should get frequent and small updates instead of huge ones that take years?

Honestly, I prefer huge updates to having to download a patch every other week. Besides, we're getting a freaking update, it's not the time to complain.

Edit: @frickermints: Sweet. Thanks.

Last edited:
Maybe next time we should get frequent and small updates instead of huge ones that take years?

I guess, but then it also means you'd have less to look forward to, and the devs would get the bad end of the shtick regardless of the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back