Backseat Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Alrighty, this has become a sort of plague recently, so I'm going to address it. I'm going to revise the rules soon, and this WILL become a rule, so make note:

If you are not a moderator, don't act like you are. This means don't do the following:

1. Say "Lock" or anything to that effect if you can't actually lock the topic. It started out kinda amusing, but it's no longer amusing. If a topic is outright stupid and needs to be locked, ignore it and move on to the next topic.
2. Say something along the lines of "Just wait until Mystic/other admin gets here." Considering by the time I read the topic I AM there, it's kinda idiotic to see that there, not to mention see it on the topic 2 months later.

That's not to say you can't be productive in telling newbies what to do. The following statements are perfectly acceptable:

"You might want to fix your avatar. It's over the limit, and an admin will take it away from you if they see it."
"Please use proper English. We don't type like we're on AIM here."

In general, don't be a dick. Just because you're on the internet doesn't give you an excuse to beat up on those not as well-versed in the ways of the forum. I know flaming and other such activities are entertaining, but they're highly disruptive to the forum and need to stop. I am not afraid to ban a long-time member to make a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back