SRB2 Chaos Twilight V2b Released! (Page 15 news)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sondaniel22 said:
Um. I don't think it's a good idea to put your dat file in the download. Because when I try to add it, it says that it's broken & delete it and start over. And it ends up making it's own DAT file.

That's really weird 0_0

Did you try adding the wad, but not the gamedata file in the same folder. Try that, and see if that works.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Just keep the dat file in the folder it comes in, simple as that people.

Exactly; if the DAT file is extracted to the SRB2 folder or whatever folder you use to store downloads, I'm not sure, but I think the game's programming gets confused because it sees the wad and the DAT file as the same thing: "Hey, there are two exact copies of this program...which one should I pick?" The answer the programming comes up with is neither.

Alright! It works now! I haven't seen this in a while. I really like mineral (something) Zone 1. It looked like Marble zone from Sonic 1.U.U

Cool. Here's 2 screenshots of the upcoming zone. Checmical Factory.

start point.

The room I've done for now.

Chaos said:
Metallic Mechanism or something like that would fit better than Chemical Factory.

That could be an idea, thanks for that, I'll keep it in my ideas file. I don't know if I'll keep Chemical factory as the main level header though since that's what was originally planned.

Icy City Zone Act 1, 5/10
All right. I tried a little bit harder, and I found out that the Crawlas on ledges weren't as cheap as I had thought it was. Well, that's after I had some highly annoying attempts earlier. =/ I don't think it would hurt to remove them, you don't really want to get reminiscent of Aerial Garden Zone Act 1 in your fourth level.

It's actually somewhat OK in design. I'd have to say that at the beginning, a sense of direction was needed. Also, like in many of your levels, your ceiling is too low in places. It feels weird to jump into the invisible ceiling on the sky.

I never figured out how to beat this map. I got to what was seemingly a dead-end and just eventually quit. The place where I got stuck is with the pass-through THZRAIL with overly low ceilings on certain places (if that's specific enough).

Are there multiple paths here? Cause I don't see any.

I'm doing edits of some stages at the moment. But for now I'm not concentrating on the old Icy city acts. I might do somewhat before I release it which won't be for a bit of time yet.

Hey, Hyperknux, you should know that I edited my judging according to gameplay on Beta 4. I found your race map, and I didn't really like it. You did get a better score this time, but I'm sure the score would be so much better if you take a look at what I found wrong with the level, and fix accordingly. While you're at it, see if you can make some changes to your multiplayer maps so that they're better. That will also improve your overall score for Chaos Twilight.

Gemini Spark said:
Hey, Hyperknux, you should know that I edited my judging according to gameplay on Beta 4. I found your race map, and I didn't really like it. You did get a better score this time, but I'm sure the score would be so much better if you take a look at what I found wrong with the level, and fix accordingly. While you're at it, see if you can make some changes to your multiplayer maps so that they're better. That will also improve your overall score for Chaos Twilight.

Some of the multiplayer maps that I added are quite old ones. I might remove these actually, and see what should stay, and what shouldn't. Metal Base however is staying in there.

hey hyper, good pact. Cant wait until you finish it! The netgame was really kool,keep up the good work

8.5/10

Thanks Knucky, and yes I'm checking about MAP28's segment violation problem. Somehow at the moment, it only happens in netgames when you warp in console command. There is a notice about the MAP MAP28 issue on the first post, please read it.

I revamped the stage anyways. I didn't like the old design, but I may show a picture, or wait until beta 5 is out. I haven't tried this out in a netgame myself. I'll try out the exitlevel command, and see if that does anything.

Well I did a beta test on a private netgame on the revamped stage, and it seems to work ok when warping there via MAP MAP?? command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back