A few suggestions of mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joat

Gum Phoenix
I’m not sure if any of these have not already been mentioned, but…

Ringslinger
I am fully aware that ringslinger has been used to create god-characters in the past. However, it is one of the very few ways people have to create custom actions that will not interfere with other characters (that is, modifying the actions for character frames) or hacking the game (which, of course, requires complex programming knowledge that the vast majority of players simply do not have). People can create god characters without ringslinger, and I myself found ringslinger to be a fun toy, and after all, fun is the true purpose of SRB2, is it not?

Nospinjump
I heard this was removed. I really think this was another good way to truly customize your character. It’s purely stylistic, of course, but I rather liked having the option.

Windowed Mode
I personally like to be able to multitask (that is, play SRB2 while doing something else). I would rather not have to choose between fullscreen and tiny screen, so I would like to be able to choose a larger screen size for windowed mode.

Bonus Mode
A mode (like 2D or Mario, this would be initialized by the map header) where each hit takes away exactly ten rings. If you do not have ten rings when you are hit, you lose a life.

Player Elements
This is an idea that I doubt will be used but does sound interesting (though, admittedly, it does sound more like pokémon than SRB2). There could be an attribute called element that could have one of four values:
0: Default.
1: Fire. The character is immune to fire, but dies instantly if they sustain water damage without a barrier to protect them.
2: Water. Immune to water, electricity is lethal.
3: Electric. Immune to electricity, fire is lethal.

Tails and Armageddon
The armageddon barrier should not trigger when pressing the spin button while flying. I often adjust my altitude by that button and tend to accidentally set it off.

Player-Specific State Changes
Custom SOCcing for one character oft affects other characters in the same way. If states could somehow be changed for a specific skin, that would be more convenient for the one who downloads it. Of course, I fully understand that this will probably not happen for a while if at all, since it would no doubt require a lot of code rewriting.

FAQ #13
Because OpenGL was removed, this entry is now outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back