Self-Conveying sector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

Gee, that was quick, another editing help thread. I am having a problem this time. One random sector in my map is acting like a conveyor belt, dispite it not having any sector types or linedefs (other then FOF) to it. Both players and items are affected by this. Pictures:

shot0011_zps1c1e73d2.png

This is the sector that moves items and the player. There is supposed to be a spring on it, yet...

shot0013_zps55551cab.png

Here it is! It seems it has thrown the spring down here, because I don't remember putting a spring here, nor does it appear in that spot when I look at 3D mode in DooM Builder. Any ideas how to stop this from happening? I tried remaking the entire sector and FOF, but nothing helps. Also, the only linedef this has, is linedef 100 to make a normal F.O.F.

Only "Effect 6" is enabled. But I have alot of F.O.F's in this map yet this is the only sector that acts like a conveyor belt.

EDIT: Did some more parts of this level, and another sector is apparently a conveyor belt without any linedefs (other then 100) or sector types.

Last edited:
Just a hunch, but are you using the CB executable?

Yes, I am using SRB2CB the PNG version.

EDIT: I have found the solution for this, so if anyone else is having this problem, they could know. I spent all my time trying to focus on the F.O.F sector, that I never thought of the sector it is an F.O.F of. The F.O.F sector indeed didn't have any sector effect of linedefs other then 100 to it, but the sector that it was made out of (the sector with the sector tag) was a slope from SRB2CB. This makes me think that Kal made CB slopes sorta like conveyors. If a slope is pointing downward, then there is a "conveyor" pulling the player to the negative position of the slope. So if the slope is /, then the "conveyor" pulling the player left. Basically, don't make F.O.F's out of slopes.

Last edited:
This makes me think that Kal made CB slopes sorta like conveyors. If a slope is pointing downward, then there is a "conveyor" pulling the player to the negative position of the slope. So if the slope is /, then the "conveyor" pulling the player left. Basically, don't make F.O.F's out of slopes.
Oh yeah, the slopes don't have any collision/physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back