Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cloud's pretty cool. To be honest, I don't care what games they've been in before. I just care if they're fun. I've heard alot about Cloud and alot about Final Fantasy VII, and once I get my hands on Cloud, I'll probably be introduced to a large, large part of gaming in the process.

well partly I just don't like Cloud, but a lot of the moveset looks like it was copied and pasted off of other sword characters. he just doesn't look particularly interesting to me

I'd wait until a bit later when we see exactly what his specials do, as I suspect we'll see something unique somewhere. As for me, I'm not a fan of Cloud in particular but I'm really happy to see him, as it means they're really going all out in getting characters that people really want to see.

Well, however Cloud's Limit Break meter works, that's already a very unique thing to him. He also has some unique moves for a sword wielder in his upair and down tilt.

Well, however Cloud's Limit Break meter works, that's already a very unique thing to him.

Not exactly, seeing as Little Mac kind of already has that in the KO Meter. That being said, I still think Cloud's inclusion will be cool, even if I don't plan on getting him.

Analysis of move-set from a competitive viewpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-PtKZCjkQo

Not exactly, seeing as Little Mac kind of already has that in the KO Meter. That being said, I still think Cloud's inclusion will be cool, even if I don't plan on getting him.

Limit Breaker affects specials, which in turn will have a pretty big affect on his recovery and projectile game. Mac's is just a comeback mechanic.

The Sonic costumes.

THE SONIC COSTUMES GUYS

This entire direct made me laugh so hard, though I was surprised they tossed in a costume of Gil's armor from The Tower of Druaga. I didn't even think anyone would even remember what that is.

Bayonetta is pretty damn cool and her actual ability to combo might as well break the entire game unless she has to rely on it heavily. Corrin is okay; would've preferred a stand-in from a new game entirely but I like the unique mechanic of pinning down an opponent. All I can really say is that I'm really glad it's not Shrek.

Last edited:
Never heard of Corrin (I'm guessing he's Fire Emblem?), but he looks pretty cool. Bayonetta makes more sense as a character pick, also she looks pretty crazy in action.

Their movesets definitely look much more interesting than the other Fire Emblem entries. I do wish a different game got the second to the last slot, as I think Fire Emblem is more than amply represented. I am not surprised that Bayonetta was among the top requests in the poll, but I always thought she wasn't family-friendly enough to end up in SSBB. The fact that she can add bullets to any move and is so big on combos looks wicked though.

Wonder if this means they're done with DLC. I wouldn't mind seeing some more stages added. I'd be tempted to get the Cloud DLC just for the stage as the summons look pretty cool.

Wonder if this means they're done with DLC. I wouldn't mind seeing some more stages added. I'd be tempted to get the Cloud DLC just for the stage as the summons look pretty cool.

I mean, Sakurai made it pretty clear. Bayonetta is the last DLC fighter Smash Bros. is going to get. And man, what a note to end on, huh? They really went all out with her. I think her shadow is my favorite touch of hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back