Bit of assistance needed - spindash modifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to make a custom spindash for my character so where when he takes his spindash pose, he'll start at full speed, then slow down to an abrupt stop.

Reason being is because my character technically doesn't spindash, but slides along the ground, so I kinda want physics to apply. (meaning that nothing is pushing him forward, so he'll stop sooner than Sonic or Tails, who rolls along the ground)

I'm also trying to figure out a way to make it so my character doesn't spindash in place, but rather, launches into a slide at the push of the spindash button.

I'm reading the wiki on custom abilities and character making, so I'm not totally helpless on the matter, but if I can be nudged towards the right direction on either problem, it'd be very appreciated.

That would requre:

A: Soccing

B: Breaking all other Characters

C: Breaking Spin (Unless you have NOJUMPSPIN)

But if you must:

You'd have to give the first spindash frame A_MOVERELATIVE with var 1 to 0 and var 2 to how ever fast you want to go. On the Last frame, set the next frame to the SECOND spin frame.

Hmm, I see.

If anything, I just want to see if I can do it, but if it's going to break other characters and their spin dash, then I might not put too much effort into it...

If you make it so that his spinitem is a spring that launches him forward, and only slightly up. (It would have to call A_CapeChase first, to orient itself so that it's facing the same direction as the player. Meaning the spinitem should start as a scenery item, A_CapeChase the player, then A_SetObjectFlags to turn into a spring. ) you might get the effect you want.

And no, that wouldn't break anything else. Except maybe Mystic Realm if you're not careful, but that can be avoided.

Draykon said:
If you make it so that his spinitem is a spring that launches him forward, and only slightly up. (It would have to call A_CapeChase first, to orient itself so that it's facing the same direction as the player. Meaning the spinitem should start as a scenery item, A_CapeChase the player, then A_SetObjectFlags to turn into a spring. ) you might get the effect you want.

And no, that wouldn't break anything else. Except maybe Mystic Realm if you're not careful, but that can be avoided.

Hmm... is that so? Alright then, I'll do that and see how far it takes me. Thank you.

but then it will spawn with ALL his spin frames, he says he wants to boost THEN decellerate

I can't say I know everything; I just started this stuff and am still learning the wonders of custom abilities. However I have a suggestion that may not work as I have not tried it (at least in the way I'm suggesting) but it occurred to me that the slide ability might work if you soc an invisible vertical spring with a weak speed setting that spawns long enough to launch you forwards then dissapears or something. Then you make sliding sprites instead of spin sprites (You'll have to apply nojumpspin to the s_skin). That might work because the spring will launch you forwards in your sliding frames. If that doesn't work then try changing the angle of the spring so that it aims downwards diagonally, in which case you will move a bit slower and you might change to your sliding frames. If you don't know how to do this ask someone else nicely (I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's just that I don't know squat about programming languages, which means this may not work at all. Though I feel that it is still worth giving a shot) -_^ (I know you're all probably thinking it so I'll just say it: n00b!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back