Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake then. It seems I misunderstood the original post, then. He could have easily been referring to the grey life icon moreso than any of the textual icons. I'll keep note of that next time, Mystic.

Actually, that's not Japanese. It's English words written in katakana. As such, from the left column down, it says:

Shadow シャドウ
Classic クラシック
Generic ジェネリック
Tails (Generic) テイルス (ジェネリック)
Knuckles ナックルズ
Vector ベクター
Amy エミー
Cream クリーム
Blaze ブレイズ
Eggman えっぐまん (hiragana, otherwise still the English name written phonetically)

I see nothing to suggest that they're going to inflict Werehog on you again, at least in that image.
Got there before you, but a second opinion can't hurt :P Any idea on why they call Modern 'Generic'?

My mistake then. It seems I misunderstood the original post, then. He could have easily been referring to the grey life icon moreso than any of the textual icons. I'll keep note of that next time, Mystic.
Did no one see my post?? o.o

Oh, that's all right. I was just thought maybe my post was bugging out since it looked like both you and Mystic didn't see it.

http://www.allaboutgames.co.uk/previews/PS3/Sonic+Generations/108/

First Detail of the game's plot

At the start of the game, everyone is attending a picnic in honour of Sonic's 20th, when all of a sudden a mysterious dark force intrudes and sends everyone, including our spiky blue protagonist, back in time. Sonic is finding a way to get himself and everyone else back to the present time and along the way he bumps into many familiar faces including his younger (albeit chubbier) self! The two Sonics team up and work together to save their friends once again.

Wait, what? Does that mean Sonic is officially 20 in game age and not just franchise age?

Loving the fact they're using the "MYSTERIOUS DARK FORCE SHOVES THEM BACK IN TIME" again. (SATBK)

Wait, what? Does that mean Sonic is officially 20 in game age and not just franchise age?

Loving the fact they're using the "MYSTERIOUS DARK FORCE SHOVES THEM BACK IN TIME" again. (SATBK)
Sonic and the Black Knight took place in a story book, hence it's inclusion in the "Story Book series". So Generations is the first time a dark force sent Sonic back in time, unless you consider Mephiles in 06. As for his age, I guess we have to wait and see what Sega means by this whole party for Sonic in the game, it would explain Sonic's new voice.

Last edited:
It sounds more like fourth wall breaking which means that the Time Line that's being devoured is the time line in the (obviously) real world which is meaning to erase the franchise from Gaming History. What does this also mean?

This infers that they're treating the two Sonics as separate characters. And that makes me happy.

Several users are predicting that the picnic is actually just a generic birthday picnic. As in, there is no mention that it is the "20th" or any age for that matter.

Unleashed werehog already plays like that, minus the fighting and double tap to run(I hate that control)

That what I meant as "minus the fighting" Bbop. The climbing parts like the poles and the swinging clockwise on a pole are like ristar.

Last edited:
Unleashed werehog already plays like that, minus the fighting and double tap to run(I hate that control)

Actually, Werehog never played like Ristar from the start. Sure, his arms stretch, and he uses it to grab things, but more than half of the gameplay consists of button mashing, which is what you NEVER do in Ristar.

Also, the "double tap to run" control was only used on the Wii/PS2 version. The Xbox/PS3 version has different controls.

Actually, Werehog never played like Ristar from the start. Sure, his arms stretch, and he uses it to grab things, but more than half of the gameplay consists of button mashing, which is what you NEVER do in Ristar.
Except when attacking bosses and climbing walls...

Several users are predicting that the picnic is actually just a generic birthday picnic. As in, there is no mention that it is the "20th" or any age for that matter.
So does this means that Sonic 1 started off with Sonic as a one-year-old baby? Or would a fetus be more accurate?

If they still go with the birthday idea, then Sonic's adventures took place once he was old enough to battle Eggman, and has had nonstop adventures ever since.

Surely, we're in need of more detail. Maybe we'll eventually get the intro video to both the console and handheld game. The latter where no one attended Sonic's picnic.

Let's not forget Sonic talks since 1993, so then this DOES imply this is Sonic from 1991/1992, so, yeah, pretty much baby Sonic.

tvgps3105904.jpg

Damnit Vector, not on the table!

http://www.sonicwrecks.com/news/son...ndtrack-bundle-appear-in-amazons-japan-store/

So yeah, soundtrack news as well as a few pics, mostly cover art, but this pic as well as one 3DS pic of what appears to be Emerald Coast.

tvg3ds0036303.jpg

After all of these years, nobody brought this whale down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back