• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jak Sonic Mod:SRB2 Jak Combat. (Maps have been started!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you could have a Daxter on his shoulder. well not daxter himself but some sonic character that would make a good daxter.

.......... like a chao!
im looking forward to the release. I love the game jak and daxter, I have jak 1, 2, 3 and daxter for the psp (that sorta rhymes)

................. or froggy! :mrgreen:

Make sure not to over use the mighty enter button Hairwig, it can make posts hard to read and a bit bothersome.

Also about the wad, is it going to be a seperate set of level's or is that hoping for to much seeing as making new individual characters might take a while?

The levels will be in the Mod part of the wad itself. And, I don't think I could make SO many different characters so, maybe not those yet. The origanal plan for the characters, was to just have them replace sprites. That way, they can all be in one wad, and you woudn't need to use a batch file just to run them all. So yeah, most of it will be internal in the main mod wad.

Yes I double posted :roll:

Sorry, but this mod wont be done for a while, Its later than we ecspected but it's the truth, sorry.

Yes its true, I wont say why, just, that^^^^.
>.<

NEW PLAN! The mod will be call SRB2jc for, SRB2 Jak Combat. All the maps will be match maps. Large maps... It stil is required that you use SRB2 JTE when it is released though. The playable characters will be:
1.Sonic
2.Shadow
3.Tails
4.(maybe) Knuckles, but we ould need a really good SOCer so he can just punch.(maybe some weapons)

Thats the plan
=SF94=... ... ... CHEESE IT!(lol :lol:)

That would be good for an unlockable. Juat like in jak 3 you can get a ratchet and clank gun course, so as an unlokable yes. You could do the spriting for the ratchet sprites, I have no idea of what has on or any of that stuff.

I wish you the best of luck with the sprites. Editing a still picture is not the same as editing each frame. I notice that when ever people do edits on SSN's sprites, they tend to be inconsistent with the placement and proportions of the things they add to the characters. (Probably because the sprites weren't consistently proportionate to begin with. Not only that, but shading seems to be lost the further down you go in the list of frames in the wad. Try not to do anything of these things.

Thank you Zeshiro ^_^. I hope this will come out well too. I just need more people to help. So far, we've got 3. 1-up, Shadow5561, and Roboegg99. We still need some one to do SFX. SFX being Special Effects like sounds, special effect sprites ect.

EDIT: oh, and I just edit each frame, I just put those ones into a sheet so I wouldn't have to have allot of different pictures on the first post.

>_> I don't need to say it. it's prety obvious.

Anyway, I need weapon ideas!!!

1.Well, its just an over powered (purposely) gun called: n00b explosion implosion gun ray! That idea was from Halofire, I picked the name.

2. Auto-rail, or Jak's machine gun.

And thats all I got. Post a kind of gun, vote(not with the pole) and see which one I might use. This is just to narrow it down a bit.

I will also be starting the first map. Yeah, I know, I still haven't started the map. But the reason why is, I am getting a new motherboard, because I'm tired of using my lil bro's crappy eMachines. My computer will have 1.8 Ghz of speed, so it's perfect for this kind of stuff. It
be here tomorrow, so I will finally have my own WORKING pc again.

=SF94=

Because I am feeling overly nice today, instead of watching this project go on for months and months while laughing about it with all the sane people that still frequent this place, I am gonna tell you right now to all stop what you are doing, look at the people you are working on this "Mod" with and just cancel this project and let this thread die a quick and swift death...

"Now Kroze, why would you ever say something so MEAN like that? We can do this..."

Yeah. sure you could...
And while your at it, why don't you add Direct X 10 support in as well!
Now I could just leave it at that comment but that would come off as "rude and mean" to all of you even though I am trying to save you all the trouble of wasting time on this when it will go nowhere.
So here are some nice reasons that support my previous statements.....

Reason #1 why this idea is bad:
Guns....
There is already a SRB2 mod out there that adds guns to the game...
You know what its called?
DOOM or QUAKE

Reason #2:
You are trying to turn SRB2 into something its not and thus it will fail like all the rest...
HAI! How's that Banjo-Kazooie mod comin along there? Oh, whats that you say? Stopped working on it cause its not possible?
I WANNA NEW SRB2 NEXT GEN MOD UPDATE!!! Wait, you say that is dead too because you can't do the craptacular levels in SRB2 without severe glitches? Oh, that must be SRB2's fault for being so old and not the fault of the people working on it had no clue in hell what they were really doing.
And I just know someone is gonna try and bring up SRB2 Riders and my response to that is: You wanna know why we don't rip on it? Cuz even though its still pretty bad, its decent enough compared to the rest of these so called "Mods" out there.

Reason #3:
Who the hell are any of you guys?
No seriously, what exactly have ANY of you done that even remotely makes you think you can take on a project of this size?
And getting "Ideas" from Halofire?!?!?
And I wonder where this whole thing started going wrong....

Reason #4:
All you have right now are a bunch of crappy edited sprites...
Not even GOOD ones.
And you are just using SSN's sprites and drawing on top of em...
Come on, don't kid yourselves... you are all in WAY over your heads...

So you really all should just pull out now before its too late.
You may see this as being mean but everything I have said here has been completely 100% honest and more importantly TRUE.

Thank you gentlemen and good day to you all!

You guys are getting ideas from Halofire?You guys are gonna go downhill with that pervert.Reason 4 broke the rules I think.I think the rule was no calling wads crappy edits or something like that.

It was that ONE Idea he gave me. And that was it. And what I mean by guns kroze, is basicly the way the "bullet" or "ring" looks like when shot. Thats it, Mostlikly no, there will not be weapons you pick up, unless you find a rail for example. Then you have a different weapon. get it? And I wont discontonue this mod. Why? Because I will not stop because of the opinion of another random person on the internet. Just because you think I should stop doesn't mean I will, got it? I will NOT cancle this, will not just leave it to die or any of that other crap. No I do not see your post as mean, I see it as a suggestion, a bad one mind you. I will not be replicating ANY maps from Jak2 or 3, I will be simply creating my own match maps for it. And again, ONE IDEA! ONE IDEA FROM HALOFIRE AND YOU ALL FREAK OUT. Mymaps will be simple match levels, nothing more at all kroze. I will not stop because of the likes of you. I have no need for any of the crap you are throwing at me, and will not take any so called "advise" from it.

And Akuma TH, ONE IDEA THATS ALL! All I got was 1 idea thats it, i will be taking no more from him, why? You guys practically die over here thinking he gave me some perverted level and what not.

And my idea of weapons was say a ring, you pick up, that looks like a gun. Got it? get it? good.

You got that every one?! I don't care what the about all the crap you throw at my face expecting me to stop, I WILL continue!

And thatnkyou for that last part of the post akuma.

Kroze said:
Because I am feeling overly nice today, instead of watching this project go on for months and months while laughing about it with all the sane people that still frequent this place, I am gonna tell you right now to all stop what you are doing, look at the people you are working on this "Mod" with and just cancel this project and let this thread die a quick and swift death...

"Now Kroze, why would you ever say something so MEAN like that? We can do this..."

Yeah. sure you could...
And while your at it, why don't you add Direct X 10 support in as well!
Now I could just leave it at that comment but that would come off as "rude and mean" to all of you even though I am trying to save you all the trouble of wasting time on this when it will go nowhere.
So here are some nice reasons that support my previous statements.....

Reason #1 why this idea is bad:
Guns....
There is already a SRB2 mod out there that adds guns to the game...
You know what its called?
DOOM or QUAKE

Reason #2:
You are trying to turn SRB2 into something its not and thus it will fail like all the rest...
HAI! How's that Banjo-Kazooie mod comin along there? Oh, whats that you say? Stopped working on it cause its not possible?
I WANNA NEW SRB2 NEXT GEN MOD UPDATE!!! Wait, you say that is dead too because you can't do the craptacular levels in SRB2 without severe glitches? Oh, that must be SRB2's fault for being so old and not the fault of the people working on it had no clue in hell what they were really doing.
And I just know someone is gonna try and bring up SRB2 Riders and my response to that is: You wanna know why we don't rip on it? Cuz even though its still pretty bad, its decent enough compared to the rest of these so called "Mods" out there.

Reason #3:
Who the hell are any of you guys?
No seriously, what exactly have ANY of you done that even remotely makes you think you can take on a project of this size?
And getting "Ideas" from Halofire?!?!?
And I wonder where this whole thing started going wrong....

Reason #4:
All you have right now are a bunch of crappy edited sprites...
Not even GOOD ones.
And you are just using SSN's sprites and drawing on top of em...
Come on, don't kid yourselves... you are all in WAY over your heads...

So you really all should just pull out now before its too late.
You may see this as being mean but everything I have said here has been completely 100% honest and more importantly TRUE.

Thank you gentlemen and good day to you all!
Go play with your " make- em -up " pals.If you don't like it don't post it or download it.You wanna-be puppet master ( puppet master aka life controller).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back