Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I have no expectations to win. My level is both brutally hard and a water level, two things that have traditionally not gone over well with the OLDC crowd. It's also not a technical showcase or mind-blowing for other reasons. It's just a conservative, solidly-built stage.

I think it has more to do with your reputation. Just like I have, "Glaber Syndrome" You have a reputation for making highly polished levels with high replay value.

Last edited:
Polish doesn't tend to bring out the 9s and 10s, though. Dramatic, overwhelmingly cool things bring out the 9s and 10s.

Well, if Mystic is going to tease his level, I suppose I might as well too.

srb20027.png

Diju rike it?

(Okay fine here are the real pics)

So, I started a match level at about 2AM last night, and just finished it.

nocwb9.png

ta66uo.png

2zexu2r.png

Hm, I wonder what I could have based it off of...
confound the OLDC's match division allowing no custom music! ;-;

It's probably based off of a level from that weird video game where you get to play as a blue hedgehog who has to stop this random evil genius from doing evil things. I just can't remember what that game was called(*coughs*Marble Zone from Sonic 1*coughs*). That is, if I'm not mistaking.

Well I don't know whether to enter this OLDC. The lack of inspiration has really driven me away from map making. I did have this cool idea for this dam-based CTF map, and a Castle/Jungle/Lava/River themed SP map. I haven't started on the first and I've made very little progress on the second. So yea, I probably won't be entering this one. Who knows if I will ever enter a level again.

Also, I really want to play ShadowHog's map. Looks like I may have a lot of fun on that.

Last edited:
Already got most (if not all) of the sector work done on a CTF entry. Maybe I'll get to the item placement sometime eariler before the usual couple of hours before the deadline. From what I've been seeing, this is shaping up to be a pretty good OLDC.

EDIT: hi screenshots
srb20010s.png

srb20009c.png

srb20007w.png

jungle texture set <3

Last edited:
Evening shot, landscape in the distance (hills vs. mountains, but still), etc. I just think the bright daylight of the Spring Hill BG is even more out-of-place than the CEZ one would be.

I would like to remind everyone that there is only one week remaining until the OLDC deadline, so please make sure your entry is ready and submit it to make sure you're included. If you haven't started your last minute entry, NOW is the time to start so you still have time to actually make a fun and refined entry instead of the normal rush job nonsense.

Let's make this contest one to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back