Sonic Overdrive (sonicoverdrive.wad) Random update time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
Whee, random update.

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=abc26397c4fde228f6ba72c19b0cc029

So for those of you unfamiliar with Sonic Overdrive, it's a character designed to rape the difficulty, without looking like crap. By some random story involving Shadow, Silver, Naruto, SuperSonic 3234254, Team Rebellion, and Baconman, Sonic has attained unreasonable power. Power enough to vanguish any foolish fancharacters who dare to attempt to be stronger. Overdrive is capable of a few major techniques, each of which has a random name.

Starburst Cannon -- Fire Key
Overdrive's signature move, you have to see it to really understand it. It is intentended to represent either 8 simultaneous lasers, or one big one.

Sonic Aura -- Spindash
A new technique, to replace the boring old infinity charge. While spindashing, a large glow increases his attack radius.

Twilight Thok -- Jump-Jump
Allows Overdrive to propell himself forward at a speed 50% faster than that of Sonic's thok. The attack can be executed multiple times each jump, and doubles as a homing attack when near an enemy. The attack is enhanced by a temporary invincibility after executing it. This technique can allow Overdrive to pass inhospitable areas without taking damage.

Big **** Nuke -- Jump-Jump-->Spindash
The legendary unstoppable technque. By pressing spindash roughly one second after executing Twilight Thok, Overdrive can cause a large explosion. This attack is identical to the Armageddon Shield, and the World of Pain technique. A common use is to homing attack an enemy, then press spindash at the peak of the bounce, and wipe out all nearby enemies.

Super Transformation -- All Chaos Emeralds + 50 rings -- Jump-Jump
New to this version, is a cheap, tacked on superform. Using the emeralds, Overdrive can channel more of his power into his physical abilities, and project an aura. With the energy focused on his form, he can no longer launch it into a massive explosion, though the small explosion from Sonic Aura is still possible. This could be considered advantageous, though not necessarily.

Netplay Shocker -- Attempt to host a game
Overdrive's so powerfull, he can completely obliterate netplay. I think it was I'll Begin who suggested how to do this, whoever it was, kudos!

So yeah, that's the jist of it. I would appreciate it if everyone ignored all those annoying Tails and Knuckles Overdrives. I do not condone them. One again that download link is:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=abc26397c4fde228f6ba72c19b0cc029

Go play.

Old post said:
Well, I've gotten a tad sick of seeing all of these overpowered recolors. So I decided to try and so something to end it all.

So what we have here, is Sonic with all the most overpowered stuff I can think of thrown on. In true recolor fashion, I've named each of these attacks.

Twilight Thok - A multihomingthok that grants the player a 15 tic invincibility after each thok, or the end of a home.

Starburst Cannon - A simple projectile attack, that leaves a trail of explosions.

Infinity Charge - While charging spindash, and spindashing (Which is at a high speed) you can fire starburst cannon without losing rings.

And, in true Draykon fashion, a low-res windowed mode screenshot.
Screenshot:
srb20000.png

And lastly, teh download link:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=318e41e45201cca044f112d99db9e2d4

Edit: Oh yes, to discourage usage of this WAD in netplay, each gametype (excluding singleplayer) has been crippled to a single level per gametype

Important note: Do not **** use this in Mystic Realm! It was made to be played without any other WADs added! The oddities that will occur are NOT MY **** FAULT!

True, but HMS123311 relies on some hardcoded features (some lazy ones at that)

Whereas Sonic Overdrive is fully SOCced, and dosen't interfere with anything else :P

Wrong. Add Mysticrealm and you'll see what I mean.
Keep the reset button on your computer handy, or be playing in Windowed mode.

Wow, this owns SMS. However, I really wanted a superform. Teh suxx. :( :( :( :( :cry: :( :( :( :( :mrgreen: *slapped*

Boinciel said:
Wrong. Add Mysticrealm and you'll see what I mean.
Keep the reset button on your computer handy, or be playing in Windowed mode.
LOL, combining SOCs.

Penopat said:
super pwn 10/10 11/10 pwn awesome kk
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

BlueZero4 said:
Wow, this owns SMS. However, I really wanted a superform. Teh suxx. :( :( :( :( :cry: :( :( :( :( :mrgreen: *slapped*
Sorry, couldn't think of anything.

For those of you who haven't figured it out. My intention in making this was to either establish the overpowered recolor as something that has been done, and shouldn't be done again. Or to establish a minimum of overpoweredness that can never be exceeded.

Actually, though this wad is over powered, I would've liked:
Code:
allowsuper = 1
superanims = 0
supercolor = 15
Just something that would give us the usual benefits of super, yet no more work added. For example, the higher jump. Actually, mainly the higher jump, but I still like going super. It makes me feel good.

I think Draykon wins the the award for best overpowered character wad.

I love the starburst cannon and I dont find it overpowering at all.
Personally, I think that starburst cannon is a edited ring that has A_SpawnObjectRelative actions to spawn a little ring explosion each state.
I love that.
(It hurts to type all this because I just got out of the hospital.)

Super mystic sonic said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
(It hurts to type all this because I just got out of the hospital.)

Why did you had to go to the hospital, anyway?

Spinal surgery, Further questions in PM please, I don't want this topic to go off topic.

Akuma TH said:
Maybe add Mystic Realm AND JTE to get the strongest wad known to man...and seveverl know to monkeys!
Now, correct me if I'm wrong Mystic Realm makes absolutely no change in a characters "Power". Also JTE can't be "Added" only the SRB2JTE.wad which has no effect on the "Power".

metalsonic5555 said:
Akuma TH said:
Maybe add Mystic Realm AND JTE to get the strongest wad known to man...and seveverl know to monkeys!
Now, correct me if I'm wrong Mystic Realm makes absolutely no change in a characters "Power". Also JTE can't be "Added" only the SRB2JTE.wad which has no effect on the "Power".

Well you can go to the launcher go to options and change the srb2win to srb2JTE.I do it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back