Games that lots of people don't like, but you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the short time I played Sonic Riders, it seemed like a functional game, but I couldn't get over how atrocious the cutscenes made it look.

The 3D modeling and texturing was pretty standard for the time, so it doesn't bother me much, especially from a distance. I avoid the PC and PS2 versions of the first game like the plague, however. One is a poorly optimized XBOX port over, and the other QA just pretended Splitscreen Multiplayer was not a slow, grainy mess that hurts your eyes. (Guess it can't be helped that the PS2's CPU could've easily been replaced with a rolling potato in a hamster wheel made of shredded lemon skins, and nobody would've noticed.)

As for other guilty pleasures of mine, it'd have to be wanting Sonic 06 just to mess around as Blaze. When I have a PS3, I'm probably going to get it on Ebay to avoid the embarrassment of finding a used copy at GameStop. Hate that store anyway.

On Riders: It's not even so much the graphical fidelity that bothered me, it's the gross artstyle and cringeworthy unfunny plot and acting that made me shut it off.

But this thread isn't about harping on bad games, so I'll just leave it there.

I liked Riders. But I was also a kid.

Honestly my largest complaint about that game is the starvation of content.

- lanky -
tumblr_nh9f3k5VIY1rc4xpjo1_1419714993_cover.jpg
To excuse that image of Lanky Kong that I HAD to post (but was kind enough to "spoiler-ify"), I'm gonna mention...
1 - I really like Sonic Riders (and have even played it recently-ish)
2- A game a lot of people (most of my friends) don't like, but I do: Sonic Robo Blast 2

Sonic Crackers, Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, Sonic Riders, Sonic Riders: ZG, Sonic Spinball, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai, Doom 2: Hell on Earth, Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut PC Version (horrible framerate), SuperMan 64 :v, Sonic Runners, Sonic Lost World, Sonic Generations. Basically all the games my friends don't actually like.

Last edited:
=Doom 2: Hell on Earth=
Welp, what's in your friend's heads?
Yeah, the most of the other games are hate magnets, but, Sonic Crackers? That wasn't even released!
Sonic '06
It was so glitchy, it was good for me, I don't really care about the bad history or "that kiss", the glitches adds more dificulty to the game, making me get more competitive on how do I play the game.

Huh, interesting. DooM 2 hasn't aged too well though, and has a nasty difficulty, so maybe those things would scare people off.

It's actually easier to play these days now that WASD+mouselook is standardized. (I mean, technically you can play that way in the vanilla game, too...) Plus, well, lots of quick-saving.

Right...
That, and ZDoom is a nice port of the DooM engine, so people can enjoy DooM without hassle. And if you want a more modernized DooM, get the Brutal Doom mod. It's near perfect!
Back to bad games that we enjoyed anyway, I'll add Sonic 3D Blast. Despite the hideous camera angle and touchy controls, I liked it anyway, due to the music and certain levels being quite interesting.

Mass Effect 3. I get why the ending pissed people off, but why don't people judge according to the content of the game itself? I thought it was amazing, all the way through, and that the game concluded with enough closure depending on the ending you picked.

Yea...
People bashing Mass Effect 3 just because of the ending is really stupid. I actually noticed quite a few people hated Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for similar reasons, on top of the "dark" atmosphere, but I liked it. I loved that sad ending!
...Back to Mass Effect 3, it was just as good as the other ones, and was quite enjoyable. Everything was there (minus a few story elements) and had great gameplay - and that's what matters.

Last edited:
Anyone else in my classroom (except me) and everyone in my school (with a few exceptions) dislike SRB2 and think it's a joke that I play this. SRB2 is still damn cool mostly because modding is so fun and easy. I don't know any other this fun game to modify.

Anyone else in my classroom (except me) and everyone in my school (with a few exceptions) dislike SRB2 and think it's a joke that I play this. SRB2 is still damn cool mostly because modding is so fun and easy. I don't know any other this fun game to modify.
Same thing here, plus my Sonic-hating sister. There was one exception, who was puzzled due to it being 3D, not browser-based, and easily mod-able. However, I haven't been in that school for a few years, I was the one nerd who wasn't into Hockey (which was overly popular there) and now SRB2 looks and plays much better. (Minus Multiplayer. 2.0.6 never seemed to c-fail or de-synch at all.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back