Climbing the wall of a sector with FOF type 95 causes it to crumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
Linedef Type 95: Crumbling (Respawn), Air Bobbing seems to crumble not only when you climb on its side, but when you climb on the walls of its target sector. I can't imagine that's intentional, and I'm prepared to bet some other crumbling FOFs also have this glitch too.

Last edited:
Doesn't this make sense though? If the weight of someone standing on it would make it fall, wouldn't it be the same for someone holding onto the side?

Nononono, that's not what I meant. It's definitely intentional that the platform falls if you grip the side of it. The bug is that it also falls if you climb the side of the FOF's target sector. This means you can trigger the crumbling from far above or far below the FOF in some cases.

Well, if I understand it correctly. The Crumbling FOF will fall when you'll climb the wall the FOF is attached to? If it's not flying of course.

Well, if I understand it correctly. The Crumbling FOF will fall when you'll climb the wall the FOF is attached to? If it's not flying of course.

Exactly. I've had this happen to me as well in a few of my test maps. I've also noticed that the Wall Crumbling sound effect continuously plays as you hang on the wall.

EDIT: Never mind what I said. I was talking about a different error.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back