CastleBot FaceStabber (Update 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, he called dibs, and everyone ignored him and then blueblur swooped in and took all the praise. I'd be mad, too.

Although if blueblur was already working on it when tripel the fox called dibs, I won't argue any further, but yeah

Since when is "dibs" a thing in SRB2. What is this, Elementry School? It's first come first serve. Correct me if I'm wrong but calling dibs on something stupid like a wad is retarded.

Thanks everyone. I'll try to direct my frustration somewhere other than the fourm in the future.

Why were you even mad in the first place? It's just one wad with added code and that's it. The sprites were already made. I don't see what the big deal is...

To be fair, I wanted to do a Crawla WAD pretty fucking bad, but Tonic swooped in and started working on it... and then someone else wanted to do it too.
So I just decided why not, besides CBFS was planned for a looooong time, most likely way before Tripel called dibs at all.
There's also the part where CBFS has been on the MB for like a whole week before it got judged at all.
Now I won't let this petty shit continue on, any further mention of something besides CBFS in this thread may as well be taken to another thread altogether.

Since when is "dibs" a thing in SRB2. What is this, Elementry School? It's first come first serve. Correct me if I'm wrong but calling dibs on something stupid like a wad is retarded.

I am Shadow the hedgehog... The ultimate life form created by professor Gerald Robotnik!
inb4 a ported shadow gets released under the name shadow.wad

This is actually a really nice WAD to play with, very nice gameplay variation.

Although only one nitpick that I have. Using the Lance Dash after breaking an invincibility monitor will cancel the invincibility you have.

I have a problem with this wad's abilities.
I can't seem to use the abilities, but with the other characters, spin works just fine.

I have a problem with this wad's abilities.
I can't seem to use the abilities, but with the other characters, spin works just fine.

This is caused by a redundancy in the code which I've fixed and told the creator to put into his work numerous times, most of which he hasn't done.

While it is very simplistic at the end of the day, I do get some enjoyment out of repeatedly stabbing Eggman in the face. Obviously, it's not meant to be taken seriously, but it is surprisingly fun to use in 2D levels. I only threw it into the SRB1 remake levels just to see how it plays and it's a lot faster than in 3D. Dashing usually gets you off of a platform and landing allows you to dash after that, meaning you can manage a reasonable speed for a while. And then you can dash over the spikes they place everywhere.

It is really finicky though. Sometimes in 2D, I dash immediately after a stomp lands and in 3D, I sometimes dash after stomping on an enemy. And dashing into rope pulleys leaves you unable to jump forever. And then dashing on conveyor belts gets you stuck until they end (this one is more of a common problem with abilities like this though).

It's still more fun than I anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back