This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
There's some kind of bug, I'm not sure if it's via ZB or SRB2, but sometimes, when you place things on the map... they won't respond. My map is a witness to this. Rings, badniks, monitors.etc. Basically, the things won't interact with Sonic, like they should.
It sounds like your map's blockmap is corrupt. This usually happens when there are other errors in your map, like crossing linedefs or unclosed sectors. If you fix those errors and then rebuild the nodes, the collision should work again.

Last edited:
Bug: Create a linedef, give it type 402 (the linedef executor action "Set Tagged Sector's Light Level"), and then click OK. Edit the same linedef again, and Zone Builder shows an error every time.

If anyone else has this problem: I've been getting around it by using Find+Replace on it to set its action to 0, then setting it back to 402 every time I need to edit it. It's somewhat tedious, but it's a little better than nothing at all.

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Zone Builder: v2.4

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ArgumentBox.SetValue(Int32 value)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ArgumentsControl.SetValue(UniFields fields, Int32[] args, Boolean first)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Controls.ArgumentsControl.SetValue(Linedef l, Boolean first)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.LinedefEditForm.Setup(ICollection`1 lines)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.ShowEditLinedefs(ICollection`1 lines, Boolean selectfront, Boolean selectback)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.ShowEditLinedefs(ICollection`1 lines)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.LinedefsMode.OnEditEnd()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.End()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.EndActiveActions()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.KeyReleased(Int32 key)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.display_MouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Last edited:
There's some kind of bug, I'm not sure if it's via ZB or SRB2, but sometimes, when you place things on the map... they won't respond. My map is a witness to this. Rings, badniks, monitors.etc. Basically, the things won't interact with Sonic, like they should.
it's how far out you have your skybox and few control sectors that's causing the problems.

Also Salt, I had a simalar problem I reported a page or so ago. I got around that by using SRB2 Doombuilder 1 to change the linedef so zone builder could open it again.

Last edited:
Bug: Create a linedef, give it type 402 (the linedef executor action "Set Tagged Sector's Light Level"), and then click OK. Edit the same linedef again, and Zone Builder shows an error every time.
Fixed. I'll make a release soon that has this and a few other fixes, so you won't have to use workarounds anymore.

I seem to have found a bug, MAINCFG File isn't copied to the new .tmp Test .wad if you try running your map (If your map wadfile has a MAINCFG) before saving it, This means any Weather, Music .. etc map settings require saving the map to test them with the New "Map" changes .

The MAINCFG lump isn't supposed to be copied to the temp file. The temp file contains only the map itself. If you save your changes in the script editor, they're saved directly to the original file. If you close the script editor without saving, your changes are discarded completely. If you test a map with unsaved changes, both the original file and the temp file are loaded, so your scripts should always be up to date when testing.

Pressessing the end key with the choose thing typ windo open gets me this:
Code:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.GZBuilder.Controls.MultiSelectTreeview.SetFocusToNode(TreeNode tn, Boolean visible)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.GZBuilder.Controls.MultiSelectTreeview.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
No idea if it's releated to having custom things or not.

When viewing a wad containing multiple maps, switching to another map whilst in 3D mode causes ZB to crash.

Code:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430        

at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Map.Linedef.SideOfLine(Vector2D p)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.DoCulling()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.OnProcess(Single deltatime)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.OnProcess(Single deltatime)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.processor_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

Umm... i found an error while the map is build its nodes

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    55.5 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
Request: Need an option to prevent rotating groups of things from altering the angles of those things. This way, we can rotate vertex slopes without having to re-tag every vertex afterwards.

On that note, it would be nice if tags that are set with the angle value were explicitly recognized as tags in use elsewhere- having a slope vertex in the map essentially breaks the "new tag" button since it's always going to want to use that vertex's tag.

Last edited:
May I suggest a checker to close the testing exe when trying to test the level? I don't know why but since 2.1.15, srb2win.exe doesn't actually die when closing the game, which is really frustrating when I have to do back-to-back testing and have to keep my task manager open to manually close the undying exe.

I always Alt-F4 the testing exe to close it and that works perfectly for me. Which OS are you using?

Windows 7 Ultimate (and pirated), though I'm not entirely sure if its the fact that I recently had to migrate User accounts about 2 months ago, considering that I also had to change my SRB2 folder due to unknown sound issues.

I personally just type "quit" in the console of SRB2 to close it, and I'm pretty sure that works for me, as Zone Builder doesn't complain about anything when trying to save or test the map afterwards. Though, I'm using Windows 10, and I'm not using the 2.1.15 executable, but rather one of the in-development things I've compiled myself. Still, you may want to try out the "quit" command (and also Alt+F4, as Boinciel suggests).

JSYK, Ritz - the slope and slope vertex tagging system is almost completely parallel to the rest of the map's tags, so you get saner numbers to work with if you recognise that fact. The normal slopes determine a sector via adjacency, not tag, the vertexes only share their tag with a linedef, and the linedefs themselves can't be affected by sector effects.

They can get slightly closer with dynamic slope vertices, but even then that's only sector tags being applied to a control sector nobody goes inside in normal play.

Last edited:
I was trying to save the map, then tried to get into visual mode and this error came up:

Code:
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics

at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Map.BSP.PointInSubsector(Vector2D p)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Map.BSP.GetSector(Vector2D p)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Map.Thing.DetermineSector(BSP bsp)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualThing.Setup()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.CreateVisualThing(Thing t)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.DoCulling()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.VisualModes.VisualMode.OnProcess(Single deltatime)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.BuilderModes.BaseVisualMode.OnProcess(Single deltatime)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.processor_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

Not a bug with Zone Builder itself, but it seems that there's mistakes with the replacement linedef flag names for linedef type 414 (Play Sound Effect):

* Not Climbable is currently named "From nowhere", whereas the actual effect is that it plays the sound from nowhere only for the triggering player. So "From nowhere for triggerer"?
* Effect 4/Solid Midtexture is currently named "From tagged FOF", which should be the name for Effect 5/Repeat Midtexture. This flag should be the one names "From nowhere" as it plays the sound from nowhere for everyone.
* Effect 5/Repeat Midtexture didn't get any name at all since Effect 4 accidentally stole the name for its effect lol. That said it should be labelled as "From tagged sectors", not FOFs.

3D has problems displaying grass edges on slopes, in game it looks fine, but on the editor it shows up properly on one side of the slope.
Here is how it looks on Zone Builder.
62ff033a06.png
And here is how it looks in-game.
bb2c6bab4b.png

3D has problems displaying grass edges on slopes, in game it looks fine, but on the editor it shows up properly on one side of the slope.
Actually, I think OpenGL displays the grass the same way as Zone Builder does. (Software rendering's grass slope is still the correct way to render it in my opinion, though.) So when Zone Builder renders it wrongly, I know it'll also look wrong in OpenGL mode, so I have to raise or lower either end of the slope by a FracUnit or two to make it look correct. (Which my wanting for even numbers everywhere (OCD?) hates.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back