Super Smash Bros [Wii U | 3DS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad Online mode plays like ass most of the time when you are not playing with your friends.

Even with friends, lag is somewhat common.
Sometimes I even have lag in Local matches... How?

Somehow, Nintendo is even worse at netcode than sonic team jr...

Jokes aside, they probably had to gimp it for the 3DS' slow processor.

The majority of my online matches run as smooth as butter. There is lag sometimes, but I don't think it has to do with the 3DS' processor. It's still leagues above whatever Brawl attempted to provide us.
Lag is local matches is a bit confusing though.

Well, I was trying to hold out for the Wii U release, but I finally broke down and bought the 3DS version today on the eShop.

Friend Code:5455-9454-2180

Fun fact: I am unbelievably shit at this game currently. :P

I've found that the local match lag might be related to cell phone interruptions.

I've found that the local match lag might be related to cell phone interruptions.

Actually, there's been another discovery about that. Turns out, the bluetooth sensors in the 3DS XL are different than the ones in an original 3DS. So if two different models try to connect together, lag ensues.

Isn't it a bit odd that the 3DS version goes without an intro cutscene? Every Super Smash Bros game up to this point had an opening that showed off characters and just generally hyped everything up. It's a little jarring for this installment to have no such thing, especially due to all the animated goodness we've seen in character introductory stuff. Especially after what was Brawl's Subspace Emissary it gets kind of depressing to see no such animations in the game whatsoever.

I'm pretty glad they focused on gameplay and in-game visuals. The 3DS has a much more limited space to work with, I'm sure they would have added videos if they had extra room.

Considering the vast amount of unused content people found and the pointless addition of being able to collect a quantity of trophies, and the huge amount of possible custom character and Mii characters, I'm sure the game had enough room for the videos.

SSB3DS feels like a pretty bare-bones Smash Bros in that it just has all of the essentials. I imagine The WiiU version will have some pretty extras thanks partly to better hardware, but mostly because of increased development time.

Actually, there's been another discovery about that. Turns out, the bluetooth sensors in the 3DS XL are different than the ones in an original 3DS. So if two different models try to connect together, lag ensues.

Oh. That explains a lot. I have the XL in the pair.

It's very highly unlikely that the model of 3DS makes a difference. Just because two chips are different doesn't mean that they'd have any trouble communicating. If that was the case the entire internet would cease to function.

What's far more likely is that you're experiencing interference from another nearby device. Try moving into another room or turning off and unplugging nearby electronics you aren't using. I've seen some pretty strange examples of interference before. A cousin of mine used to disconnect from the network every time the microwave was used. Experiment and try to figure out what's causing the problem.

It's very highly unlikely that the model of 3DS makes a difference. Just because two chips are different doesn't mean that they'd have any trouble communicating. If that was the case the entire internet would cease to function.

Let me rephrase, it's not that the two are DIFFERENT, per se, it's that one runs faster than the other. So because the one lagging behind is struggling to keep up, the game slows down to accommodate.

Interference is always an issue as well, though.

I am confused at this. People are saying online play is slow for them, yet I myself have experienced little to no lag while playing online whether with friends or not. And I live in the middle of the woods :o.

Online is entirely p2p, like SRB2. If even one person has a bad connection, it'll be slow. The only time servers are used is for matchmaking. After matchmaking is done, the connection switches to p2p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back