Is my port properly forwarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkBones

Hello, DarkBones here, and I've tried disabling every firewall I have in attempts to start server hosting, but nothing has worked, so I'd like to make sure my ports indeed are forwarded correctly:
ports.PNG

Is this the correct setup?

I'm just taking a guess here and i think the inbound port number should be 28900 and the private port stays at 5029.(Correct me if i'm worng here.)

There is no both option, I have a different slot for TCP. As for the inbound port, I'll try changing it, thank you.

Steel the fox is wrong. If there isn't a both option, set up a second line with the other type. SRB2 uses both UDP and TCP on port 5029.

Did you make your Ip static? If you did, did you add the Static Ip in private Ip adress?

Ok well to help you.

Before you can host at all. You need those firewall on. Not off. If its off it wont let players join your server.

Anyway now about porting. Here the setup and numbers.

for those who have the option to put both in there type.

Port 5029 5029.

Type Both.

Private Port 5029 5029.

And there you go its simple and easy to do.

Now for those who don't have the option for type both. Put this in.

Port 5029 - 5029.

Type UDP.

Private Port 5029 5029.

Now once that is made. Make another. And put this in.

Port 5029 - 5029.

Type TCP.

Private Port 5029 5029.

And there you go it will let you host. If not recheck if anything not setup right. Also make sure your using the right IP. If you don't it wont let you host what so ever.

Also make sure its setup for static IP or it wont let you host at all as well.

Try the following, it's how I quickly and easily made one :
First, be sure to have your firewall turned off.
Then, click on Start > Run. In the window which appear, type cmd.exe
In this black console, type ipconfig and press Enter.
Note somewhere, on a paper, the IP adress which is displayed in "IP Adress".
Then, use the default gateway adress (usually 192.168.1.1) to connect to your router, and go where you can actually write the informations about your port.
For the "descrption", I advise you to use a simple description without points or space (like, "SRB2"). Inbound and private ports, keep 5029. Set type to UDP, and for the private IP adress, complete the two last numbers that you saw on the console earlier. Don't forget to enable it~

If it's still doesn't work, it's possible that the antivirus is the cause, but I'm not sure about that.

EDIT : Heh, Aries, simultaneous reinforcements~

Well I've already done everything Internet Explorer said I should do, so maybe I should try turning the Windows firewall back on.

EDIT: Nope, nothing suggested above seems to be working.

Last edited:
Try plugging your internet directly into the modem and then try hosting. If it's like mine and still doesn't work, you're out of luck.

If it does work when you do that, either your ports aren't forwarded correctly or your router isn't working right.

Try plugging your internet directly into the modem and then try hosting. If it's like mine and still doesn't work, you're out of luck.

If it does work when you do that, either your ports aren't forwarded correctly or your router isn't working right.

Actually, right before I read your post, I tried to port forward my modem too. So when I did, well...

the SRB2 Master Server said:
DarkBones' Server Testing Ping: ACTUALLY FREAKING REACHABLE

my reaction said:

So now I can finally host servers! YAY! Thank you guys for all your help, if it weren't for you, I would have still thought the problem was the router!

Well, it seems no matter what I do, there always seems to be something off, due to the fact nearly nobody uses my router model, I can only use logic when trying to forward ports...

2cshrol.png

The Server IP I put was the one I get when I "Listserv" on SRB2, don't know if it's what's suppoused to go there... Or perhaps I should Remote Host with Server IP? I don't know anymore.

Last edited:
Your Port Should be like thise
5029*UDP*Both

And Open Your server and wait for 10 mns
Do you have modem

*TP-LINK
*DLINK or:
*EchoLife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back