SRB2 Recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWP (SRB2)

Are there any free programs out there, that can record SRB2, I know there is, but I don't know what they are, or how to use them, I'd love to make an advertisement for my pack, on Youtube, but I can't without it, and I'd love some assistance.

Other than Fraps, something that can record decent length videos, since Fraps can only go for 30 seconds, in the free version, and I need longer than that.

Hypercam is terrible, for every purpose. Don't use that.

Fraps is usually the best option for Windows.

I've used Snagit8 for god knows how long and I find it to be the best out of FRAPS, or HyperCam. I find it perfect for recording videos as you can do a lot of things with it, more things than I've seen with FRAPS or HyperCam. On top of that I find it to have a user friendly GUI.

The bad part about that is that it's shareware. Unfortunately I cannot help you there.

Every program has to have its own readme or FAQ. I also used to have Fraps for a little while, and it recorded by the press of the F9 button, or something similar. With Hypercam, it should record anything that's on your monitor.

SWP (SRB2) said:
But how do I record SRB2, without the acid colors, and with sound, with hypercam, which I know isn't that bad.

If you think Hypercam isn't that bad, well here's how I record my SRB2 videos:

1. I put SRB2 into Window Mode
2. I use Hypercam's "Select Window" feature and click on the SRB2 screen
3. I press F2 to record/stop recording or F3 to pause

There's also an option there where you could record with sound.

NiteAngel said:
SWP (SRB2) said:
But how do I record SRB2, without the acid colors, and with sound, with hypercam, which I know isn't that bad.

If you think Hypercam isn't that bad, well here's how I record my SRB2 videos:

1. I put SRB2 into Window Mode
2. I use Hypercam's "Select Window" feature and click on the SRB2 screen
3. I press F2 to record/stop recording or F3 to pause

There's also an option there where you could record with sound.

And, how do you put it in window mode?

Nevermind, I know how, and I'll use cam studio, since I've used it before.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Command_Line This link will take you to everything you need. But here's a quote because I'm feeling kind today.

The Only-slightly-less-mighty-than-Cue Wiki said:
SRB2 has many command line parameters that can be used for various purposes, such as switching graphics renderers, routing. The parameters can be executed by either using the SRB2 Launcher's command line, by use of the Windows Command Prompt, or by the execution of a batch file whose text is "srb2win.exe -win" without quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back