• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

An idea for a Crash Bandicoot Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get obsessed with Crash bandicoot now that I've played Crash Bandicoot 3:Warped again. (Yeah. I know it's an old PSX game but still has good gameplay.)

I'm currently starting to make a crash bandicoot mod. These are some preview textures/flats I've made for the boxes from the games.

crashbandicootSRB2boxes1-1.png

If you are willing to help with the mod, feel free to ask. If you want to give advice/suggestions other than not do it, just post it here.

Cory the Hedgehog said:
Nice textures! Will there be a Crash character? Or a Spyro cameo/character?

Not sure. I'm terribly bad at spriting characters so unless someone creates a crash character for the mod then the answer is no (Unless I can get my spriting skills juiced up.)

I'll try my best to help with level designing! I loved Crash bandicoot and played all the old psx games! *plays the 'checkpoint' sfx from crash bandicoot wrath of cortex* Ahh...so soooooothing.

They're not apples. They're Whompa fruit. I can help do levels. I can actualy do maps from the game if you want. Although, I WILL NOT do maps from games after the wrath of cortex. I think that's the 6th game. The 7th game, and over, No ofence, but I think they're kinda stupid. Also an Idea, for Race maps, how about maps from Crash team Racing. I think that's the 4th game. But yeah I would help.

Chao Freak 1 said:
They're not apples. They're Whompa fruit. I can help do levels. I can actualy do maps from the game if you want. Although, I WILL NOT do maps from games after the wrath of cortex. I think that's the 6th game. The 7th game, and over, No ofence, but I think they're kinda stupid. Also an Idea, for Race maps, how about maps from Crash team Racing. I think that's the 4th game. But yeah I would help.

The original PSX games were quite good so I'll throw a few of those levels in the mod.

Hmm.. If you're going to do a crash bandicoot mod, you'll have to be really creative with the levels, but I could see this could turning out to be a pretty decent mod, do you have any crash bandicoot music for the mod already?

Make the crates breakable blocks or item moniters. If they turn out to be breakable blocks, put rings (or wumpa fruits) in them , or springs or something. AAAANNNDD......(sorry for the long post)[/size]use the checkpoint box as .....the checkpoint duhh! Oh, and change the yellow and red frames of the checpoint changing frames to the box opening up like in crash bandicoot!

I haven't yet created a level yet. But I've got most of the box textures done. I still need to do:

The top and bottom of the Nitro Switch Box.
The Yellow Time Boxes.
The 3 second countdown for the TNT crate.
The Intangible outline box.

Are those the Crash Bandicoot gba sprites? I don't know since I don't own the gba game.

This might be fun, although I think Sonic too fast for that style of gameplay. The levels from psx crash were pretty linear.

You would have to pull off stuff like the falling boulders and riding pigs, that would be neat to see in srb2.

Remember to modify the camera so that it stays in one place to make it feel like psx crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back