No volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tails11

Hey I need some help. My computer has no volume. I put it to max and still no luck. How do I get back my volume? :?

1. Make sure the speakers are turned on.
2. Make sure the speakers are turned up.
3. Make sure the computer volume is turned up.
4. Make sure the computer volume isn't muted.
5. Make sure that the individual wave-volume, midi-volume, ect is all turned up/not muted.

Start >Programs >Accessories >Entertainment >Volume Control is one way to do it. Make sure that all of them are up high and none of the "muted" options are checked. Of course, you will manually have to turn up your volume. ^_^ If all that doesn't help, you might have corrupt sound drivers. This can happen with certain errors you might get at startup, but can usually easily be bypassed by uninstalling and re-installing your sound drivers.

None are checked and still no volume.... :cry: I wonder if i will ever have volume again....

First off, stop doing the small text thing... It makes reading your posts a pain in the :eek:. Now, did you have any sound before? Also, is only SRB2 without sound? If you did have sound before this sudden issue, did you do anything differently lately that might cause this? Also, be sure to check if your speakers are connected properly.

Yes I did have volume yesterday and yes also srb2 has no sound. And no, I do not think I did anything that could have got rid of my volume. I will check if my speakers are connected in the tower right now!

EDIT: I just checked my speakers and they are plugged in good.

Ok, what I'm asking is... Do you have sound at all? Or, do you only not have sound in SRB2? Also, are you getting any error messages when trying to play a media file? Try it.

I have no sound at all.

EDIT: Do you mean a windows media player or musicmatch jukebox?

No sound at all eh?
I don't know what to tell you at this point.
We could get a bit more technical from here, but I'm not sure how much more I can suggest.

I put my ear up to my speakers and there was the fuzzy wierd sound. So yeah I should get new speakers. :mrgreen:

Hold it! Don't go for new speakers yet. First you must verify if your sound card or onboard sound is functioning properly. You can confirm this through the Device Manager or the Sound and Audio Devices properties.

Let me break it down for you...
Right-click: My Computer >Properties >Hardware >Device Manager >Sound, video game controllers.
Look for problem devices. You might need to re-install your on-board sound card. (Assuming you have one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back