Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, they are not at all the same ! Crisis City and Highway Speed​​, there is a difference !
I'm not saying there's no difference, I'm saying there's 4 city stages. Sure, I love Crisis City and City Escape, they're pretty much essential choices, but they could have varied the stage choice a bit elsewhere, like having Hang Castle instead of Seaside Hill or Dragon Road instead of Rooftop Run, for instance. Those stages are iconic to me. I loved Dragon Road, even the night version.

*waits for someone else to get defensive over what he's saying*

Last edited:
City Escape: San Fransisco

Speed Highway: Tokyo

Rooftop Run: Italy

Crisis City: Hmmm...... New York in it's last days?

Eh, no?

Crisis City was Soleanna's City in the future, and certainly it was NOT New York, Spagonia was pretty much Spain with a Big Beng (People, names, streets and souvenirs were mostly spanish), and if I remember correctly, Station Square was located in the United Federation (Same as Empire City) wich represent United States.

I'm not saying there's no difference, I'm saying there's 4 city stages. Sure, I love Crisis City and City Escape, they're pretty much essential choices, but they could have varied the stage choice a bit elsewhere, like having Hang Castle instead of Seaside Hill or Dragon Road instead of Rooftop Run, for instance. Those stages are iconic to me. I loved Dragon Road, even the night version.

I mean, in my opinion, Crisis City and Speed ​​Highway are two different themes. Their base is the urban theme, but then the two levels skidded in their sense of the word "City".
To me, SH and CS are not the same theme, but I'll assume some people don't think that, then I can quite understand that you'll have wished a more exotic level, four cities can be a little much.

Regarding the country of every city, honestly, I never had this idea, to find from what country are they from.

Spagonia was pretty much Spain with a Big Beng (People, names, streets and souvenirs were mostly spanish)

Not exactly, I've been to Italy and I confirm what Tyler said, Italy is very similar at this level. Regarding Spain, I do not know how this country looks, but I'm sure that Italy is suitable a lot more.

I personally would have preferred to see Eggmanland instead of Rooftop run. It stood out a lot more for me and kept me entertained much longer. Jungle Joyride would have been my #2 choice.

Last edited:
Considering the fact that many users have noticed the similarity with Empire City(Even some of the signs are the same!), I guess you could say that.
Or maybe it is New York after the Wall Street protests? D'oh ho ho ho!

I'll take all the blame for Crisis City if it makes you guys feel any better for wanting to kill me.

But in other news, We only have three more bosses to see. Bring on Silver the Nuisance and Egg Dragoon. The anticipation to be totally underwhelmed is nagging me.

I heard Gene Gadget somewhere in the Crisis City remix. At about 0:37 - 0:43 in the trailer, it kinda sounds like 1:11 - 1:17 in Act 1.

Last edited:
Anyone read the ONM? All I see is positive news coming from that, like the rerurn of the ¨big arm¨ boss, a fantastic green hill and a good special stages...no negatives so far for the 3DS
P.S sorry for breaking the current chain of conversation but I just can't follow you guys...

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/10...-generations-for-pc-download-new-screenshots/

SEGA finally gives up and says "OKAY OKAY THERE'S A PC VERSION, GOD" and provides some more screenshots.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/10/silver-the-hedgehog-revealed-as-a-rival-in-sonic-generations/

"That hedgehog's carying a car!"

Silver-the-Hedgehog-Rival-Sonic-Generations-Screenshots-3.jpg

"LOVE MEEEEEEEEEE"

Last edited:
Sega:"OK FINE EVERYONE ILL GIVE YOU A PORT.NOW ENJOY."
Nah,seriously,i find great that they made a PC port.
I hope that controls will be modifiable.

The PC requirements confuse me. I have an Nvidia 7900GS. The PS3 is based on 7800 technology. The XBox360 is even slower. So why is 8800 listed as their minimum?
PC =/= Console. I don't know much about the difference between the two so I can't help you there. :/

And from what everyone is saying, minimum will run like crap. :|
Edit: A friend of mine told me that the game probably isn't optimized for the PC. Thus requiring more powerful hardware.

Last edited:
Actually, the idea of Minimum Requirements is to list the lowest configuration you can have where the game remains playable, so I doubt it'll run like crap. It won't be a looker, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back