TMTBONUSLEVEL!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE! UPDATE!!!!11one

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2 Guy said:
EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Random Movie Clip: *Picture*

My level at the top?
Other bonus levels at the bottom?

Ya know, i'm going to be the black sheep here and say it's the other way around. First off, i'm stuck in the begining, and jumping only slightly helps me out. Also, the spike balls are Realy. *******. Hard to see. Same with the rings. And why is there a Ideya Drone at the end?! And a wind that fails to work?! I REALY don't like this. It was a good idea, poorly executed.

4/10

There was no wind in there yet, but if you got to the edge and did anything short of a spin or a jump the game would think that you are standing on a sector and it will stick you there and force you forward...
And the ideya drone thing was the only way I could make the level end, becuase I was already too far to make an exitlevel sector...
Also please feel free to help me with these problems, as I have only made one of 7 bonus levels, and I think you guys should help me decide how to make it perfect and use the same concept in the other levels...
Someone please tell me... How many fracunits longer?????

Hmm, dispite all the negative criticism, the yearning for better bonus levels and that screenshot forced me to get it.

I love how this plays. Really I do. However, the spike balls were kinda hard to see. And the ring patterns seemed a little too extravagant. Maybe you should start simple?

Also, the texturing was kinda eye burning. Try some other texture sets to see if they look better. And also, you don't have to manually select every line and sector and change it. Open and DB and go under Edit -> Find and Replace...

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!: Here is the new link to the better version!!!
Requirements for best gameplay, using the strafe buttons, playing the game in midi mode, playing the game in ogl mode...
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=eefee151b9bcb71395b40cfd99b2b8ca
For a little bonus, skip the rings and jump in the black hole port...

BlueZero4 said:
I love how this plays. Really I do. However, the spike balls were kinda hard to see. And the ring patterns seemed a little too extravagant. Maybe you should start simple?

Also, the texturing was kinda eye burning. Try some other texture sets to see if they look better. And also, you don't have to manually select every line and sector and change it. Open and DB and go under Edit -> Find and Replace...
1. Simple enough for you?
2. Wheres the love in doing things the easyway? Making a good level is like baking a delicious cake from scratch, or building a computer, etc... What I am saying is, the more time you spend on it, the more life that gets put in and shows...

Wheres the love in doing things the easyway?

I say spend less time on the stuff that shouldn't take too long and spend more time on working with the level.

Its still impossible to get the rings in one run... It doesn't really seem to work with SRB2's physics. The colors are a little distracting. Consider using just plain orange instead of those checkered things if it really needs to be colorful. Also I'd suggest using a linedef executor so that Sonic still goes to the end to get the chaos emerald.

Ehem, I have gotten all the rings in one run with STRAFE!!!
And no the emerald isn't in at the end, if you fail to get the emerald in one run, metalsonic gets it... It is a kind of fail safe...
srb20095xn5.png

And, this level was to be best designed for a sonic and tails duo...

(off topic) funny,i was bored and played a sonic vs. metal sonic and i added the wad, used object place put metal sonic in front of the goal and there sonic lost (on topic)now this is a great wad here.

Since it needs to be longer and there are problems do these to help those 1 Never ever make a level go 100% strait that can be simply be walked/run/THKed through in minutes/seconds. 2 Make turns like this walk for a min. turn walk the other way 2 min's turn. which will solve some of the end problem.

Ok, and I am thinking of seperating tails knux and sonic to their own part of the level, to reduce the lag... Is this a good idea?
Also, I would love someone to show me what shape they want the levels pathways to be...

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
Since it needs to be longer and there are problems do these to help those 1 Never ever make a level go 100% strait that can be simply be walked/run/THKed through in minutes/seconds. 2 Make turns like this walk for a min. turn walk the other way 2 min's turn. which will solve some of the end problem.
1. there won't be a thok ability and wind for automatic speed,and you wouldn't want to speed through the level 2. do you see sonic 2 have turns in the special level? no.

Ok the path has been bent over 4 ways and is shaped like a lightening bolt, now what pattern can I use for rings???
/\
\ \
/ /
\ \
\/
It is shaped kinda like that, only bigger...

AdamTheHedgehog said:
Nappa:Vegeta, what does the scouter say about this bonus level?
Vegeta:*removes scouter* ITS OVER 9000!

*lol, DBZ reference*

I cannot believe you caught that...

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Ok the path has been bent over 4 ways and is shaped like a lightening bolt, now what pattern can I use for rings???
/\
\ \
/ /
\ \
\/
It is shaped kinda like that, only bigger...

AdamTheHedgehog said:
Nappa:Vegeta, what does the scouter say about this bonus level?
Vegeta:*removes scouter* ITS OVER 9000!

*lol, DBZ reference*

I cannot believe you caught that...

Caught what?

That over 9000 thing is popular around youtube, just like numa numa and all your base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back