Fixed ACZ's cable car can be broken into pieces by the player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezer'Arch

ArchPack 2.5 is on the way
Bug is not critical. Polyobjects.

This is a very old glitch I had discovered in Arid Canyon Zone Act 1 in the first days of SRB2ME era.

Watch my video, tell me what you think about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD64ItKXREM

(yes, it's a yet another weird bug found by Ezer'Arch)

Last edited by a moderator:
This has actually been known for quite some time. We had quite a lot of fun screwing around with that during testing, but it never got fixed.

srb20039.png

srb20042.png

This is not all. Or at least I think it isn't, as I am not sure if it was in the video or not. I did see a piece a bit too far away from the "car", but I don't know about anything else.
When you push the "car" in the opposite direction in which it is going, then it will go forward, for some reason. This is only possible when it's going forwards and not going back. It's possible to do this with Tails, but it's easier to do it with a character that has Super Sonic float. The "car" can even push you through walls, which can lead to getting stuck.

The polyobjets cause enormous problems. You did so well to find this error.
This is one reason why I'm not interested by them. It's much too hard to create and understand how they works, SRB2 team has been extremely bothered to achieve this (like the floor / ceiling that does not display ...)
It is best to avoid creating them too.
Perhaps this error is related to a "broken link" between the polyobject sector and beams that support it.
I mean, that ... the "interiors executors". These are gadgets that can perform certain actions with the player or not (automatic door, for example). Well, maybe Team SRB2 failed to efficiently operate the properties of the executors polyobject.
I have trouble understanding me myself, ha ha ...

This also happens in FSZ2 (although in Tortured Planet v9.0 I made it much harder to activate the glitch). As far as I can tell, this is caused by blocking the path of a PolyObject when there are multiple PolyObjects moving in the same direction. If one of those PolyObjects is held back for a second, it will exhibit slightly different behavior from its siblings.

Last edited:
Bug is not critical. Polyobjects.

This is a very old glitch I had discovered in Arid Canyon Zone Act 1 in the first days of SRB2ME era.

Watch my video, tell me what you think about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD64ItKXREM

(yes, it's a yet another weird bug found by Ezer'Arch)

This might have to do with the fact that polyobjects spawn, rather than being rendered like normal enviroments do. Perhaps the game physics for spawned objects apply to polyobjects, your in the way, so the polyobject can't get through.

The player should be pushed aside, rather than stopping the polyobject or reversing it entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back