• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Christmas Level Pack 2007 (the construction topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
As some of you may know, last year on New Years eve I released an update to SRB2 demo 0.96 to make the levels playable on version 1.09. Then recently I did a minor fix up which can currently be found in the releases section. Now I'm working on an update for the 2007 release.

First off I'm sure you rember this guy->
TROOA1.png

Seeing how I've decided to include some of the "Lost Badniks" I'd figure Minvs needed an update so as to fit in better with the other "Lost Badniks" and the ones still in the game.

This is my attempt to update him->
MNVSA1.png

Incase you're wondering the body comes from Jettason Bomber's head and the eyes come from Crawla Commander's unused sprites.

Also I have for you a preview of the new level "Green Christmas" which will be accessable in Remix Mode.

srb20329.png

DrillaKillas are the promanent robot found here.

srb20325.png

Now what could of cause that hole? I'll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.

srb20328.png

No wad link as of yet for the 2007 release, but you can expect picture updates as the project moves along.

light dasher said:
uh, the cause of the hole is you

I know, but can't I make up my own silly reasons? (the cause was suppose to be the Drilla when I was thinking up the caption.)

Silver Sonic said:
I like the first badnik (can't remember the name).
It was called Minvs. I got the name from the concept sketches

Isn't it supposed to look winterish? And also, it might look better if you had grass sticking up on the ends of those sectors with grass. Just add GFZGRASS to the top middle, and the bottom middle texture, and then select lower unpegged.

Not Green Christmas. Green Christmas zone is based on the idea of a Christmas without snow. And yes it does happen, just not very often. I had a green Christmas last year.

Oh and the mod is staying a wad file. I can't do exe modifications.

Yes. But the requirements are easy to meet and there will be an extra level to serve as co-op mode's entryway to the mode. Basicly I want the levels accessible to co-op in a slightly simaler, yet at the same time different fashion to Mystic Realm's Second Quest.

In case you're wondering what the requirements are, lets just say no emblems or emeralds are needed. all you got to do is beat original mode with or without the emeralds.

New Screens of Springing Around RMX are up! (All shots are in software mode)
srb20333.png

First thing you'll notice will be the drilla.

srb20338.png

The cramped path has become less cramped.

srb20339.png

The Eggheads finally make their debut. Yes that path is mirrored

srb20340.png

All I got to say is "Look out below!"

Edit on 11/19

srb20345.png

srb20352.png

Guess whos back? (original mode)

srb20357.png

Even Remix mode has a version of Minvs

Edit 11/20: First look at Frozen Battery
srb20361.png

the following is the hall of badniks and 2 fungus
srb20362.png

srb20363.png

srb20364.png

srb20365.png

srb20366.png

srb20367.png

srb20368.png

srb20369.png

srb20370.png

Updates!
srb20371.png

Guess what level this is and no it's not one of the 3 new ones

srb20375.png
This stage has changed to become linear. word of advice be careful at the first yellow spring.

srb20378.png

This is near the end of the level where 6 sets of 6 robots would appear. as you can see the new badniks spawn random animals like how the genesis badniks did.

srb20381.png

A little joke to myself about not having put in the script for the button yet.This button makes the level co-op compatible.

srb20379.png
The first boss area remixed.

glaber said:
Updates!
*First pic* I see a REDWALL on the side of that mountain.

*Second pic* This looks intresting. Can't wait to play it.

*Third pic* Hmm...

*Fourth pic* I LOLed.

*Fith pic* Yay.

Comments are dark red.

and a little more,

Old! (Title screen Restored properly)
srb20342-1.png

Defeat the Crawlas to bring the hallway down. (Frozen Battery)
srb20387.png

srb20388.png

Aside from Techno Hill act 2, when was the last time you could destroy that rapid turret?
srb20389.png

srb20390.png

And if you were wondering, the first picture from my previous post was from Gleaming Glacier RMX on an alternate path.

glaber said:
and a little more,

*First pic* Yesh.

*Second and thrird pic* God dangit! I STLL can't get that right!

*Fourth and last pic* Yes, YES, YES!

And if you were wondering, the first picture from my previous post was from Gleaming Glacier RMX on an alternate path. Ok?

Comments are still dark red...

I figure it's time for an Update

Remix Entry Way. This is how you access Remix Mode for Co-op.
srb20423.png

After about 10 seconds
srb20424.png

srb20425.png

That Old unused Snowman is back regardless of where it came from in the first place.
srb20394.png

The impassable flag for these lines has been shut down so be careful on that ice bridge
srb20431.png

Xmas Factory RMX. (Spelling changed to that due to space constraints)
From this angle you'd wonder why I haven't triggered that wall going down at all.
srb20406.png

It still works though.
srb20407.png

Final Boss (?) RMX.
srb20408.png

srb20409.png

Blustery Day RMX. The teleport was ditched in favor of a new tunnel.
srb20427.png

Emerald Coast RMX. (No captions)
srb20414.png

srb20415.png

srb20416.png

srb20417.png

srb20418.png

After this I just got to work on Sonic's Nightmare RMX, Frozen Battery, Holiday Village, and Stocking Stuffer the NiGHTS level. (NiGHTS level may wind up being a beta in the upcoming release and may require the most emblems.)

I am actually pretty darn interested in this. This could, hopefully, and probably will turn out good. I also like the remix mode idea, keep it up.

Update!

First Emerald Coast.
srb20442.png

The secret up there has been moved.
srb20444.png

srb20445.png

Yep. I tore down the old end and put up a new one
srb20447.png

Sonic's Nightmare will follow in about 5 to 6 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back