...wait. Arid Canyon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Hog

...wasn't it called something completely different earlier? Wasn't it something like "Rocky Mountain"?

When'd that name change occur?

On the topic of new zones...
There will be new enemies, and possibly new boss's to go along with the new zones, right?
Cause im sure im not the only one who would find it lame to find Eggrock's boss just to be the CEZ3 boss.
EDIT: Wait a second, Mine maze replaced? This means Castle Eggman is staying in the game?
>_>

The change actually happened about two years ago. It was just never made public on the website. There are a lot of things like that on the website. Honestly, Sonikku must have been on crack or something when he came up with Mine Maze and Rocky Mountain. The level concepts are just downright boring.

Castle Eggman will be in the final, although probably changed quite a bit to remove some of the reliance on buttons (god, the horror). Why waste a perfectly good texture set.

Indeed, Mine Maze Zone is getting the chop. Castle Eggman Zone is getting all but nuked, bear in mind, so yes, the buttons of EXTREME HATE will be gone. Avid, uh 'fans' of CEZ may recognise one or two areas in the zones, but it's pretty much all change.

As some background information, Mine Maze Zone wasn't that bad a concept back in ye olde SRB2-TGF days, as I found a mechanism with which to make mine carts actually work, which could have made a nice gameplay addition; unfortunately, it's not particularly feasible to get them in SRB2, considering the payoff isn't that worth it for a barely controllable section of the game.

There is, however, no excuse for Rocky Mountain howevre; that was just my 13-year-old self going "HMMM YES THIS IS CLEARLY A WORTHWHILE USE OF A ZONE SLOT" and just slapping it in. RMZ was always going to be first on the list of doom, especially considering you have Red Volcano after it. Moreover, this meant three rock themed zones one after the over, which equates to a third of the game. I probably don't need to tell you that that makes for a game monumentally stale levels.

The other zones are probably going to remain as is, but there are no promises... ;D

--
Johnny

That's nice, but it doesn't exactly tell us much about how the level is coming along (whether it's good, bad, sucks, roxxors, whatever)... Almost makes me wish I was a beta-tester, but I sincerely doubt that I can do that as of right now. (That's not a request, obviously, just wishful thinking.)

You know, I'd kinda like to see more screenshots in the Zones section. At least get THZ2 in there.

Shadow Hog said:
You know, I'd kinda like to see more screenshots in the Zones section. At least get THZ2 in there.

There should also be screenshots for Castle Eggman, since it does exist.

Why? I mean, I know I can't map, but mapping for those who can goes relatively quickly.

Bouncey: you liked CEZ2?

How 'bout putting up some screenshots of some of the finished levels? that way, you can put screenshots up as you guys go.

CE1 should be a bit longer too... SRB2 has been in the making for 7-something years, so it should pay off...

Speaking of SRB2 final, how much harder/longer is it compared to Mystic Realm?

Sure, if they existed! Woo!

But seriously, even if we had the levels done, you'd only see them in the small shots on srb2.org.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back