New mt map - "River Cliffs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Digi said. You're just what the community needed; stick around, be our new Some Guy.

Wow, that's good. All you need is to make the waterfalls real water and not just textures, then get rid of some of the water sounds so it isn't so loud, add more rings, and you have a perfect map!

No no I did not leave! :D I'm still here.

I originally had made the waterfalls real water, but I had to take them out because as the player gets farther away (this is a big map you know) the 3d block is not rendered clearly and it starts looking like crap. So I took them out. I think the reason for this is because doom legacy's 3d floors were coded wierd so the sides are rendered differently (and more weirdly) than the tops and bottoms.

Right now I'm kind of working on a canyon map with waterfalls. Anyone remember Gerudo Valley from zelda ocarina of time? I'm thinking something that looks like that.

That's just OpenGL, ya know. D:

Seriously, don't worry about it. Those who play OpenGL are probably used to it, because it happens pretty much everywhere.

Yeah, its an unfortunate side effect of making the rest of the game look good. It only renders properly if you keep your view exactly level to the floor, if I'm not mistaken. Either way, as BZ4 said, you get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back