• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Yoshi's map testers are working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raze C

Average Circuit Enjoyer
First of all, i am a map tester of Yoshirocks90 so, i clearly have permission to edit and add things to the map.
The only thing i can't do is release it without permission, so let's get started:

1m5rQRx.png

Original name was "Grassy Temple Zone" i changed it to "Fauna Sanctuary"

8KXMPEr.png

Yup, it has emblems !

vkQGDzI.png

pgwdqrZ.png

It have some of my SOC WIP: Brown Spring

1XzJeED.png

hDhQEb0.png

SDDVmz3.png

Hyper Spring in the middle NOTE: IT CHANGES COLOR WHEN BOUNCES
Kl8WCy3.png

Anyway, it's still needing changes, fixes and elements to add...
STILL WIP.

Last edited:
Wow those maps are looking good, Yoshi improved a lot I guess, but, why not post that in Yoshi's thread? http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42866 this is about Yoshi's maps right? Then, if you are testing some of his maps, you should post them on his thread, It's just a suggestion, I'm not forcing you to do that. Also, I have another question, is the brown spring necessary? I mean, what does that do?

Wow those maps are looking good, Yoshi improved a lot I guess, but, why not post that in Yoshi's thread? http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42866 this is about Yoshi's maps right? Then, if you are testing some of his maps, you should post them on his thread, It's just a suggestion, I'm not forcing you to do that. Also, I have another question, is the brown spring necessary? I mean, what does that do?
Yes i'm very good with design and skyboxes.
I didn't put this in yoshi's thread because, it's him thread not mine and i made this thread to show what TESTERS are doing, not the owner (Yoshi)
The brown spring.... It's a object that i created, may be useless in some maps but, it works mostly like SRB2 Kart black spring (bounces low, gives impulse)

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I also made another one spring: Hyper Spring
It isn't in screenshots but, it's on the map.
It is way more useless than brown spring because, it bounces so much high and nobody would use this, anyway, still another object.

Yes i'm very good with design and skyboxes.
I didn't put this in yoshi's thread because, it's him thread not mine and i made this thread to show what TESTERS are doing, not the owner (Yoshi)

Mmmm, alright then, I'll be looking foward to "those" maps.

The brown spring.... It's a object that i created, may be useless in some maps but, it works mostly like SRB2 Kart black spring (bounces low, gives impulse)

Interesting... Also, if the spring makes the player impulse forwards, Should'nt the spring position
be diagonally?

EDIT: Oh sorry, you are referencing it with the Srb2 Kart's spring.

I also made another one spring: Hyper Spring
It isn't in screenshots but, it's on the map.
It is way more useless than brown spring because, it bounces so much high and nobody would use this, anyway, still another object.

Well, there's the red spring anyways.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward for Yoshi's maps, it have a good visual design, mostly on the textures, looks attractive for me, keep it up!

Last edited:
Well, i took so much time to make the skybox fit with the level start, i used SHELL PLANT(b_thokker.wad) for an example and i did it.
I'm also having an big issue:

Skybox is being so much buggy when you enter in the temple, because the skybox ends in the temple entrance, so the only way to fix is completely re-doing it or turning the temple into a FOF.
Maybe i'll post some screenshots...

Though I like the idea of the level I have to say that some of the textures on the screenshots you posted look WAY too upscaled, making the visuals pretty weird. I'd also suggest some texture variation on these halls. It doesn't look good having the same texture on floor/ceiling and walls.

I encourage you to make custom textures based on the ones you are using. Personally I'm not fond of using rips directly on the levels (Mainly because srb2 palette).

Last edited:
There's something wrong with that Marble Garden texture, I'm not sure it works very well with the rest of GHZ and Cave textures.

Though I like the idea of the level I have to say that some of the textures on the screenshots you posted look WAY too upscaled, making the visuals pretty weird. I'd also suggest some texture variation on these halls. It doesn't look good having the same texture on floor/ceiling and walls.

I encourage you to make custom textures based on the ones you are using. Personally I'm not fond of using rips directly on the levels (Mainly because srb2 palette).
It seems weird, because of SRB2 palette and because Marble Garden textures have to been re-sized, it weren't making a loop texture.
I'm lazy about ripping textures so i only ripped 3 or 2 textures of Marble Garden, i'm not so good at making textures, but it's free, why not to try? :D

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

There's something wrong with that Marble Garden texture, I'm not sure it works very well with the rest of GHZ and Cave textures.
Well, the original Marble Garden uses grass in it's textures, so i'm pretty sure it fits.
And the GHZ or cave textures were put by Yoshi, not me.

Yeah it might be because of those GFZ textures, Cave textures were okay for the most part, The Marble textures aren't as cartoony as GFZs.

That Eggman statue doesn't fit...

Also... lighting. That's an abrubt change from light to dark.
If the Eggman statue don't fit, why do you even think i were inspired by Eggman statues in Angelical Sanctuary (mt_altmatchmaps)
About the lighting.... It were supposed to be as that level, if you look up the screenshot there's some kind of sky.

The map hasn't been FULLY taken over by Eggman. As for lighting, I saw the sky, I'm saying the transition needs work. Look at how I fade the lighting, and look at how abrubt this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back