How would you rate the official levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to go to the SRB2 Wiki to do this, and I will also list them as the Wiki lists them, so here it is:

• Single Player/Coop

Greenflower Zone 1 - 6/10

This is nice for a first level, but there is an area too cramped and it's too hard for me to pass through. I like where Tails' emblem is stored, but it's hard to access. I also like Sonic's emblem placement. It takes challenge to go there. I go to the higher bridge and spindash-thok to it.

Greenflower Zone 2 - 9/10

I like this level, but it's short for Coop as Sonic can speed thok through it. The Red XVI house is kinda hard to access for me because I'm not good at Crawla/Monitor bouncing and the red spring trick- I don't know where to go because of those walls. I couldn't find Knuckles' emblem, though.

Greenflower Zone 3 - 5/10

Kinda cool for the first boss. But the water, I don't get it. Why can't the 4 platforms get merged to one big platform and the water- maybe just a border to the platform. It takes time to get out of the water because you have to jump, and if needed, turn and find Eggman.

Techno Hill Zone 1 - 6/10

Okay. So I understand that this level has been contaminated with slime by Eggman. This level is like the introduction to the next level because it's like the entrance to Eggman's factory. And since you're entering his factory, you have to start off outside which is why there's grass and that slime pit with the metal island. I didn't like the little hole path though. It's hard for Sonic and Tails (as Tails may get tired of flying in the middle of the slime pit) but for Knuckles, he can climb his way out.

Techno Hill Zone 2 - 7/10

This level is probably my hardest to finish level (without Godding and using Level Select). Both ways are hard. Also, that Crawla Commander in the beginning. I think it should be placed somewhere else like maybe the room where the button to open the finish sign is.

Techno Hill Zone 3 - 5/10

I can't beat this boss without falling from the train thing using Sonic. Tails will also probably fail in going back to the train by flying because he can get tired. Knuckles has another advantage here- he can climb on the train and get back to Eggman.

Castle Eggman Zone 1 - 8/10

Another entrance and this time, to Eggman's castle. It took a long time for me to complete it because I couldn't find the button. I had this method with Knuckles that I will have to climb that wall on the left when there was a passage under the water. But the doorbridge isn't supposed to be a closed door and a bridge! The bridge is supposed to be taken away and if you push the button, the door should go down, forming a bridge.

Castle Eggman Zone 2 - 5/10

I don't like the button-pushing theme of the level, but it's the only way to get through. I don't like the pool in the center of the stage. It's kinda plain and maybe it could be turned into a fountain. Sonic's emblem is kinda hard. I'll have to go under a hole again and up like Tails' in GFZ1.

Castle Eggman Zone 3 - 5/10

This is the only boss (unless SRB2 is modified with a Mod) with enemies and it's hard trying not to hit the spike balls on the Eggmobile. But I like the setting. It's weird having 4 Red Crawlas only on the Normal mode, but having too many Crawlas in a boss mode will not fit. Overall, this is great for a final boss.

Secret Levels

Red Volcano Zone 1

I have been here only once. No other times but that. And I haven't finished it yet, so I don't know what's in here. But beating the levels three times using level select? I don't get it. If you use level select, can you just go to CEZ3 and beat the boss 3 times?

Sonic Into Dreams - Spring Hill Zone - 7/10

I have already unlocked this, but I only like going around this level, not actually playing it. I like how you can jump high and how Sonic can't drown because of it.

Mario Koopa Blast 1 - 6/10

This level is pretty cool except for the cave under the pipes. I don't know where to go, but I have finished it. It looks cooler in ShufflarB2, but it's harder since you can't use your abilities.

Mario Koopa Blast 2 - 5/10

The first time I played this was with a WAD file called MilesPrower. It's just a Tails WAD that's really fast and flies fast. So what I did was I kept on flying until the end. I just pressed the Right arrow key so it's just like being on a straight 2d level without enemies or other platforms.

Mario Koopa Blast 3 - 5/10

Same as above, using that character WAD, the level is, too, a straight 2D level until you hit the wall and fall to the Axe.

Christmas Hunt Zone - 5/10

This is pretty hard at first, but it gets easier because the emeralds don't go to different places so you can just remember where it is and the next time you play it, the emeralds are just where you first saw them.

Adventure Example Zone - 4/10

If only it wasn't an example I would love this! At first, I fell into that water thing but I mastered it. Knuckles is hard to control in this level. Other than that, this level is short, but since it's an example, it's meant to be short.

Special Stages

Special Stage 1

Special Stage 2

Special Stage 3

Special Stage 4

Special Stage 5

Special Stage 6

Special Stage 7

Circuit Stages

Quicksand Ruins Zone - 5/10

Sonic can just thok his way around which is unfair for other players in a Netgame. If all of them uses Sonic then they'd all be thokking which isn't that fair since Sonic is the fastest and he has a speed thok.

Tainted Gorge Zone - 5/10

Same as above.

Fertile Canyon Zone - 6/10

Since thokking is dangerous in this level, it would be fair to other players that use Tails/Knuckles. You can thok in some places like the beginning.

Toxic Citadel Zone - 9/10

This was cool except for that GFZ-themed bridge at the beginning. I like that this level has some places that you totally can't control the thok with. It wouldn't be fair that there are random monitors, because it can give you a liquid shield then the slime won't hurt you.

Frozen Night Zone - 5/10

You can't thok here therefore Knuckles has an advantage and maybe even Tails. But, if you can control your thok, you might be able to prevent falling from the water. Also random monitors also don't go here since it gave me an Inferno Shield which is useless since I'm on an ice level. I finished this 6 minutes and there wasn't a time where I didn't fall on the water.

Metallic Hall Zone - 7/10

I finished this level mostly by thokking, but I also fell into the "electric flashing ground" at some times. The random monitor is a challenge in Netgames because players want the Attraction Shield monitor which has 2 advantages (but to other players, are disadvantages) in this level:

1. It takes out all the rings leaving other players ring-less thus they lose a life when they fall on the electric ground.

2. You won't get hurt on the electricity.

But since it's in race, you can have a chance of getting ring tossed and you can lose your shield.

Heaven Pass Zone 5/10

Sonic users may not find this easy to play. I got a game over and ended up in GFZ1. Tails, however, works fine at this level. Knuckles users should be careful, too. I don't like those small platforms. They're hard for Sonic but Tails can fly over it and Knuckles can glide around it.

Sonic Circuit Zone 4/10

This level screams thokfest. It's too plain and what's with the dark area? I don't think that Tails and Knuckles don't fit in this level because Sonic can just keep thokking until the level is over.

Slumber Circuit Zone 8/10

I like this level, but I'm not good at NiGHTS. I haven't found anything wrong here. I like the zig-zag place thing underwater. I absoloutely love this.

I don't care much for Iron Turret. I still enjoy it somewhat, mostly because I used to play it ages ago in school in LAN connections. But nowadays, the one thing I hate about it is when both teams have skilled players. With a flat level that's also open-spaced, and 4 towers for snipers to use bombrails, it can be impossible to finish the stage with 5 flag captures. I sometimes play in it for 30 minutes straight, and it's still going. Walking close to a wall, like when you're close to entering the base's entrance, is just another way to get sniped easily.

No actual rating for this level, or any other level for me, thanks.

yea, i know, i was off this forum for a while because i was playing other games, any ways

green flower zone act 1 and 2:8/10
i love the first zone in any sonic game, they seem to always have that peaceful forest feeling. act 2 is more interesting since it has lots of high cliffs, and hidden caves. over all, they're both good!

green flower zone act3:3/10
not much challenge, it's a very small fighting space.

techno hill act1:7/10
this is a good follow up to green flower zone, but i just hate it when i get trapped in the slime, also the steam pipes near the end are pretty annoying

techno hill act2:8/10
i remember the days when i was a noob at srb2, and i would get lost in this stage, now i mostly get my way around. it's kind of unique how you could either take the laser belt, or the turret path, both are deadly.

techno hill act3:6/10
its a boss, and thoking is pretty much instant death. what i hate about this boss is that it leaves slime around, this gets annoying when every single spot has slime, i love how the effects make it look like the train is moving.

castle egg man act1:6/10
again, when i was a noob, i was completely lost, man i was stupid back then. when you know where to go, it's way too easy.

castle egg man act2:5.5/10
i don't really like pushing buttons.

castle egg man act3:5/10
sometimes i think that this is like a scrapped version techno hill act3. yet again, we see the original egg hover.... uh, thingy, only this time, it has spike balls. there are enemies out to get you, and this also has the revenge of the slime, i just hate falling in this level.

Here are my ratings for Match Mode levels:

Sapphire Falls Zone:
Visuals: 5/10
Playability: 5/10

Eh, this level is pretty good. Nothing seriously wrong with it anyway. Good weapon placement, and good layout. The only minor problem I've got with it is how annoying the river current can be. But that's not a flaw, it's just a challenge, and it affects everyone equally, so I'm not THAT irritated.

Thunder Citadel Zone:
Visuals: 8/10
Playability: 9/10

The real beauty of this level is how it challenges Sonic, Tails and Knux users in equal measure. It's got a million other kinds of beauties, too, like how awesome the scenery is, how brilliantly the weapons are located, and how the layout affects the gameplay. Any way you slice it, TCZ is an epic win.

Desolate Twilight Zone:

This level is pretty good. It's nice and open, so there's a lot of conflict, and the layout makes sense. There's nothing about the level that is downright awesome, but there's nothing that's particularly bad about it, either.

Hydro Plant Zone:
Visuals: 9/10
Playability: 4/10

This level takes a little getting used to, but I personally like it a lot. The scenery is great, and the layout can create very interesting battles. Perhaps it's a little too hard to get the weapon rings, but I've gotten the hang of it, so it's not that hard for me.

Starlit Warehouse Zone:
Visuals: 6/10

The weapons are placed very well and the scenery is interesting. The biggest problem with this level is the layout. It's hard to hit anyone, because of the way the streets encourage people to move. The battles can get very frustrating. Personally, I think the design of the level could have been improved a little bit.

Midnight Abyss Zone:
Visuals: 4/10

You might think I don't like this level given my ratings, but I actually like it quite a bit. I'm only rating it from the perspective of the individual elements of the level--difficult central layout and plain aesthetics. But there are intangibles in this level that I like. For instance, the strategy of running along the outer hallway, gathering rings and weapons, and attacking anyone you see. I think that's a lot of fun.

Tree Ring Zone:
Visuals: 7/10
Playability: 3/10

I just don't like this level. At all. The visuals are good, but it's too cramped and confusing. And the weapon placement could have been a lot better, too. Like SWZ, it makes the battles frustrating. I hope this level gets scrapped in SRB2ME.

Zim's Base Zone:
Visuals: 7/10

Once you get over the funny theme of the level, it's actually not all that great. It's very plain, and empty. And the weapon placement isn't good at all. It also seems to be a bit of a n00b hangout, for some reason.

Airborne Temple Zone:

This level could have been a lot better. Maybe if they added another layer of bridges or something. There seems to be a lot of falling into the bottomless pits, and the battles can get frustrating here. At least the weapons were well placed.

Meadow Match Zone:
Visuals: 3/10
Playability: 9/10

Very plain, very simple, but very fun. Lots of frantic scrambling around and hardcore ring pummeling. I just wish there were more kinds of weapon rings here. There aren't any Homing Rings in the official Match level set, I notice. Maybe this was the place for them.

Sapphire Falls:

This level has always been THE classic SRB2 match stage as far as I was concerned. It's layout is very distinguishable and flows very well. It is sometimes annoying to get out of the current as Sonic but the large area near the waterfall and river offer plenty of advantages for Tails and Knuckles. The weapons are generally well placed but even for a classic map the visuals *seem* generic.

Score: 8/10

Thunder Citadel:

This was a map I often enjoyed simply because of the castle scenery. Unfortunately it was rather big for the 1.09.4 system and so it often ended up becoming a spamfest in the bedroom. Regardless the map was solid and fun to play.

Score: 7/10

Desolate Twilight:

Probably the best rail-heaven map I've played. The level is simple but just varied enough to keep it from being a generic sniper range. Unfortunately, camping the central monitor was vastly more tempting than it ought to have been and there was seldom motivation to venture out unless you were pursuing somebody.

Score: 6/10

Hydro Plant:

The thing I hate about levels that have a perimeter area is that there are essentially four identical areas. To make matters worse, the water slowed down the players' movement so time spent underwater was very seldom... which was a pity because the center room would offer some decent gameplay on occasion. In most games, it ended up boiling down to who could perform the best blitz while running across the upper area.

Score: 4/10

Starlit Warehouse:

Once again there are four identical areas, and the best dynamic of gameplay was upon the roof. Autorail was abused at a regular basis but in the end the real issue was that you could reach everything you need without leaving one quadrant of the map.

Midnight Abyss:

The central area was interesting to play through, but the outer area made it pointless because there was seldom a reason to properly use the rings and powerups in there unless the netgame was large enough that trying to spam each other in the hallways became less opportune. The fact that the outer area is an empty hall full of rings, there wasn't much worth seeing most times I played.

Tree Ring:

The central area was the perfect hub but the player's sense of direction relied on that area as a crutch. Although the interior is only about a sixth the size of the rest of the map, the players only differentiate between the interior and the exterior because once outside, you just run clockwise (or vice versa) until you run into an opponent. Fortunately, this worked quite decently for the 1.09.4 system, but the higher hiding places seem pointless because the very gameplay encouraged by the map does not fit with the strategy of hiding and seeking a better vantage point.

Score: 7/10

Zim's Base:

The level was always extremely empty aside from the structures along the outside which forced you to use a spring to get anywhere. Because using a spring set you up to be shot by a rail gun, the best strategy was usually to thok like a madhog and hope one of your rail shots connects. Sniping from the edges is even more tedious because you could wait the entire round for one of the hedgehogs to mess up and run into a wall...

Score: 2/10

Airborne Temple:

This felt like the kind of battle map you'd see in a Mario Kart game. It was a simple layout with several vertical levels that all balanced out effectively against one another. Unfortunately, the level also has a large perimeter that detracts from gameplay of the central area, though the explosion rings help to offset this to some degree.

Score: 5/10

Meadow Match:

The layout is a decent rail-heaven map where there is a reasonably flat play area but terrain such as pools of water or ledges help to keep it within reason. Rings and powerups are sparse, but this offers fairly standard gameplay while on the other hand, not serving up anything particularly memorable except perhaps the antiquity of the map.

Score: 8/10
(I score it as such begrudgingly... I hate this map!)

I have to disagree with those who think that Nimbus Ruins sucks. Nimbus ruins is one of the best and is a great way to hone your jumping, timing, platforming, and strafing skills. I'd have to give that a 9 out of 10. I don't use the middle path and I always play as Sonic. I've yet to find someone that can get to the other side at a fast pace without using tails or knuckles.

I'll post my thoughts on the CTF games later. I play in CTF all the time and match is my second favorite.

Midnight Abyss is annoying and people only fight with auto-rings in the hall way. As if the gravity wasn't enough.

Tree ring zone is an OK map. I like the maze thing and the pool of water. It's like hunting out your prey with stealth (though I don't change my colors to camo with the environment). One gripe though is the center of the map. n00bs crowd there all the time but what can you do?

I like Airborne Temple. Maybe because I like blue skies and all. Auto-ring and inf. combo gets annoying but I don't mind it. People tend to run back and forth through the center.

I love meadow match zone. I love the simplicity, the open-ness, the ease to reach the platform at the top, and the rail rings that are present. Another thing I like about this map is that it isn't simply a mirror on the opposite side like Midnight Abyss. "Mirror" maps work well for CTF and should remain that way unless the blue team area of the map gets a certain element and the red team side gets something to the equivalent.

Zim's base is somewhat fun. It is very easy to snipe though. I like using the springs to reach the top of the portrait above the choice since I like running and jumping. (reminiscent of run and jump games).

Starlit Warehouse presents some problems. It's very drab and the map is simply a 4-way mirror of itself. Not to mention people hit monitors, grab rail+auto, and just run back and forth through the 4-way intersection. Which is why I'm going to share some ideas, whether it is too late in the game or not. If it should be a warehouse, then maybe it should be a map where players fight in a giant warehouse with 2-3 floors led by stairs, a balcony or two to snipe from, and many other elements to make it exciting. If not, maybe it could be a set of 3 or 5 (not an even number) separate warehouses and not at the same elevation because it would look plain. The different levels could lead to an interesting roof fight and players can chase each other from the highest roof down to the lowest. This is much better than chasing through a 4-way intersection. Maybe a spring from the lowest roof to get back to the median and again for the highest. The buildings would need to be arranged in a scattered matter, not a drab row up. Let me know what everyone thinks. I personally do not like Starlit Warehouse with the way it is.

If I forgot to mention a certain map please remind me. I haven't been playing online and am just waiting for the final.

Well, I like rating levels, so why not? Here goes.

Greenflower Zone 1:

I think this level is SHORT, but that is acceptable for the first level. I like the emblem placement of Sonic and Tails, very well hidden. But the thing I like most is RedXVI's house.

Gameplay (3/4): Very easy, but full of secrets at the same time. Almost no hazards though.
Aesthetics (2/3): I think the theme is nice, but a bit overused. And why can't I see any ruins of the city?
Replay Value (2/3): Well hidden emblems, RedXVI's house... Not alot of multiple paths though.

Overall: 7/10

Greenflower Zone 2

This level is long enough as it is. More water to drown in, different enemies (sometimes). You can race through the level, or explore all parts. And that will take VERY LONG. Slightly less genius emblem placement here, but two Emerald Tokens, alot of Monitors, and multiple paths make up for that.

Gameplay (4/4): It's just perfect. Easy gameplay however, but this is the second stage! And alot of multiple paths, extreme size of map... Perfect.
Aesthetics (2/3): Just like Greenflower Zone 1, but more textures, and the best slopes yet. Doesn't detract from the genericness though.
Replay Value (3/3): Multiple paths, full of secrets and monitors. Do I need to explain more?

Overall: 9/10

Greenflower Zone 3

Wow. Just wow. Such a letdown, compared to the previous two acts. Four squares, a border, Eggman and that's it! Not only Eggman needs to be updated. More vertical variation please?

Gameplay (1/4): Ridicoulousy easy. That there are no glitches saves this from a zero.
Aesthetics (1/3): Wow, so beautifully empty. Extremely lazy job here.
Replay Value (0/3): This boss is so dull and plain, just like the scenery.

Overall: 2/10

Techno Hill Zone 1

The stages get longer and harder now. Slime, flying enemies, faster ground enemies. Again, two Chaos Emerald tokens, but two different paths now. I don't really like the theme, but that's just me.

Gameplay (3/4): More hazards, harder difficulty... Only gripe is the Buzz placement. They frequently knock me off at the pipes.
Aesthetics (2/3): Alot of details, but I don't like factories.
Replay Value (1/3): Not really interesting, except for the new hazards.

Overall: 6/10

Techno Hill Zone 2

Even harder, when I first played this stage, I couldn't beat it. The Turret (gasp) and the crushers were both hard. More multiple paths, and for some strange reason, I like this map's scenery more than Techno Hill Zone 1.

Gameplay (4/4): Challenging to say the least, extremely clever emblem placement, alot of other secrets... Again, perfect.
Aesthetics (2/3): The same as Zone 1, only inside the factory now.
Replay Value (2/3): More multiple paths, more secrets, more of everything.

Overall: 8/10

Techno Hill Zone 3

Well, this boss is better than Greenflower's boss. Better aesthetics, harder boss, but still a bit... bland.

Gameplay (2/4): Harder, but still not extremely hard.
Aesthetics (2/3): I thought the 'moving train' idea was pretty cool, and well executed. A bit bland though.
Replay Value (1/3): Slightly more enjoyable, but not something to replay alot.

Overall: 5/10

Castle Eggman Zone 1

Like a maze, if you don't know where to go, you'll get lost. But, if you do know where to go, it's too easy. Awesome textures, slightly easier than Techno Hill Zone 2, except for the Jetty-Syns.

Gameplay (2/4): Jetty-Syns! Well, except for that, this stage is dull to play. Less hazards, extremely maze-like.
Aesthetics (2/3): I really like the textures, but it's lacking in other things. If the stage wasn't called Castle EGGMAN, I would think: why the hell are they entering a castle?
Replay Value (1/3): It stands out in nothing, except for textures. If you like mazes, you'll love this level.

Overall: 5/10

Castle Eggman Zone 2

PUSH THE BUTTON
AND LET ME KNOW
This soups up what I think of this level. Irritating, dull, bland, and most of all: Button hunt! That really, really sucks.

Gameplay (0/4): PUSH THE BUTTON... with overplacement of enemies, and no fun factor at all.
Aesthetics (1/4): The castle theme is executed okay, but the pool is blandness itself, just like all the chambers and buttons.
Replay Value (0/4): Who wants to play a button hunt as dull as this one again?

Overall: 1/10

Castle Eggman Zone 3

The dull Eggman boss with spikeballs + slime pit where Sonic can't get out of + ENEMIES IN A BOSS STAGE = EPIC FAILURE

Gameplay (0/4): Dullness itself.
Aesthetics (0/3): Dullness itself.
Replay Value (0/3): Dull stage, who wants to play it (again)?

Overall: 0/10

Red Volcano Zone 1

Wow. This level is awesomeness itself.

Gameplay (4/4): No enemies, but that fits this level. Extremely challenging, but not impossible. VERY secret paths, which will reward you if you find them. AWESOME.
Aesthetics (3/3): WOW. The lighting effects are beautiful, and I really like the textures.
Replay Value (3/3): This level is so well made, I want to play it when I get the chance. Add multiple paths and a big challenge, and you've got the most awesome level ever.

Overall: 10/10

For the tl;dr users,
Greenflower Zone is pretty good, except for the boss.
Techno Hill Zone is challenging, but not extremely pretty.
Castle Eggman Zone needs to be completely redone (thank God that is happening).
Red Volcano Zone is pure perfection and awesomeness.

~Spherallic

Coop levels

I think the 1P levels are nice, but the layout of these stages are ehhh...

Greenflower Zone 10/10
The music (4/4), and gameplay(1/1) and thing arrangement(5/5) are perfect. I can't find anything better that's an official level.

Techno Hill Zone 6/10
The level's nice and all, but this part of the game gets me killed every time. (almost) the reason? I almost can't thok during the boss battle, SSNTails overdid the toxic water content, [spoiler:b9808cfaea]And past this point, I can only find 1 token![/spoiler:b9808cfaea]

Castle Eggman Zone 4/10
Just terrible. A disgrace to Sonic, Eggman, Crawla, buzzbomber, and SonicTeam Junior. I am sorry, but this level makes me wanna ram my head into a wall. The only good thing is the challenge of the second act. Pitiful. Just pitiful.

I only like about three of SRB2's official levels, but I'll review anyways.

Green Flower Zone 1: 5/10
Meh. It's short and small. I realize that this is the first level in the game, but it's just too basic for me.

Green Flower Zone 2: 5/10
Bigger, faster, and an overall treat for users of Sonic.

Techno Hill 1: 4/10
Bland. The right section in the path split is much slower than the left.

Techno Hill 2: 6/10
It's lengthy, challenging, and has multiple paths. Nice work.

Castle of Eggman 1: 3/10
Unnecessarily huge.

Castle of Eggman 2: 4/10
Gah. Switch Hunt.

Spring Hill: 5/10
Short, yet fun.

Mario Koopa Blast 1: 5/10
Jumping on blocks? Bad idea. Decent level design otherwise.

Mario Koopa Blast 2: 2/10
2D mode is simply horrible.

Mario Koopa Blast 3: 1.6/10
A simply terrible level.
-------------------------------------------
Meadow Match: 6/10

Sapphire Falls: 5/10

Desolate Twilight: 6/10

Hydro Plant: 6/10

Midnight Abyss: 2/10

Starlight Warehouse: 4/10
---------------------------------------

I'll post more later.

My turn! :D (Most are rated for ONLINE PLAY)

Singleplayer

MAP01: Greenflower Zone Act 1 (8/10)
I always love the first Coop level, and i sure do love this one. The only downfall? Online, it's a thokfest, not a coop.

MAP02: Greenflower Zone Act 2 (7/10)
And the second one i usually hate. NOT HERE! But it's another thokfest. No good!

MAP03: Greenflower Zone Act 3 (6/10)
Easiest. Boss. Evar. D:

MAP04: Techno Hill Zone Act 1 (8/10)
Very interesting! :D I loved this. Except the fact that you can thok your way.

MAP05: Techno Hill Zone Act 2 (8/10)
Lots of different paths to take~! Woot. Like the way thok is more limited!

MAP06: Techno Hill Zone Act 3 (7/10)
Interesting... But missing something. Perhaps some difficulty, perhaps?

MAP07: Castle Eggman Zone Act 1 (6/10)
"Capture The Button". The only fun thing in this stage is the multiple paths. Another Thokrace.

MAP08: Castle Eggman Zone Act 2 (3.5/10)
"Capture The BUTTONS". This one just fails. You often see a pressed button.

MAP09: Castle Eggman Zone Act 3 (7/10)
Good battle. Needs difficulty and a way to get back up if you fall...

Secret Levels

MAP16: Red Volcano Zone Act 1 (Beta Level?) (6/10)
It's Hard! :D But it's kinda incomplete...

MAP29: Spring Hill Zone (9/10)
Yes. I voted more than 8. :P - Anyway, this level is awesome. Lots of things to see and do. Shame it only has 1 mare! D:

MAP30: Mario Koopa Blast Zone Act 1 (7/10)
The 3d Mario knocks some things down, but it's a fun level nonetheless. As this is MARIO Koopa Blast, i'm actually voting for Mario-Style, not Sonic-Style. :P

MAP31: Mario Koopa Blast Zone Act 2 (8/10) (Srb2's 2d: 6/10)
Needs a new engine, but good level nonetheless.

MAP32: Mario Koopa Blast Zone Act 3 (7/10) (Srb2's 2d: 5/10)
This level is harder at the beginning, but eventually gets easy. D:

MAP40: Christmas Hunt Zone (8/10)
I enjoyed this. :D Just hunting for the emeralds. It's more fun to play at christmas! Shame i know where the emeralds are... All of 'em.

MAP42: Adventure Example Zone (4/10)
Like said above. "Bad Example".

Special Stages not rated due to the fact i forgot them. D:

Circuit Stages

MAP70: Quicksand Ruins Zone (2/10)
Thok thok thok thok thok...

MAP71: Tainted Gorge Zone (4/10)
...thok ouch thok thok...

MAP72: Fertile Canyon Zone (2/10)
...thok thok sploosh thok...

MAP73: Toxic Citadel Zone (2/10)
...thok thok thok thok...

MAP74: Frozen Night Zone (5/10)
...thok thok slide CRASH! Death! WOO!

MAP75: Metallic Hall Zone (3/10)
...thok thok thok -bind 1 knux- climb -bind 2 sonic- thok thok... (People do that, you know.)

MAP76: Heaven Pass Zone (7/10)
...thok thok DEATH. >:D
Best played as Knuckles, although he can cut a GIANT gap.

MAP77: Sonic Circuit Zone (1/10)
...thok thok thok thok thok thok more thok...

MAP78: Slumber Circuit Zone (7/10)
Fun, but the items don't respawn. I think. :/

Capture the Flag Stages

MAP80: Silver Cascade Zone (7/10)
Interesting stage, especially the water death pits and hiding places. Well done!

MAP81: Lime Forest Zone (6/10)
Plain, but fun nonetheless.

MAP82: Cloud Palace Zone (8/10)
Interesting, with the springs and sneakiness. It's easy to play hidden and sneak around. Very fun!

MAP83: Metal Star Zone (5/10)
This one's just plain boring. There's no variety, its just the same.

MAP84: Dual Fortress Zone (6/10)
This one's interesting, the many ways to hide and all... Just the ring combo kills it.

MAP85: Iron Turret Zone (5/10)
Are you SURE Explosion Rail is a good idea?

MAP86: Nimbus Ruins Zone (7/10)
THIS one requires skill. Shame the ring combination spoils it.

MAP87: Conveyor Conflict Zone (7/10)
Just bombs. I love this one, but it's downed by the fact it's a thokfest.

MAP88: Sapphire Falls CTF Zone (9/10)
This one's fun! Nice way of hiding, and ambushing things. :P

MAP89: Isolated Canyon Zone (8/10) (Getting bored of rating nao...)
This one's cool, but it's easier to camp. D:

Not rating Match stages due to the fact i hate them all except Meadow Match. :P

I can't give number ratings, but I can give my thoughts.

Greenflower Zone Act 1
This is good first level. The one thing I do not like about it though is that it's cramped in some areas. Specifically the area with Tail's emblem, and the path after you cross the second bridge.

Greenflower Zone Act 2
A very well made level.

MAP03: Greenflower Zone Act 3
I think these bosses really something more to them-even if in SRB2ME they are made harder, but will that make them more fun to battle? Maybe. The boss levels need extra hazards.

Techno Hill Zone Act 1
Another great level.

MAP05: Techno Hill Zone Act 2
The difficult here is excellent, and I like the extra paths and so on that there are to take.

Techno Hill Zone Act 3
This slime boss is actually really challenging for me, but I really think this level could use some extra rings.

YES, I know CEZ is getting a makeover. But I don't care, I'm rating the levels.
Castle Eggman Zone Act 1
This one is....pretty average to me. But I hate how cramped the caves are, they really could be made into something better.

Castle Eggman Zone Act 2
Absolutely terrible. I'd like to know what whoever was making this level was thinking.

MAP09: Castle Eggman Zone Act 3
This boss is challenging, finally. You have many enemies shooting at you from once, but the slime seriously needs springs to get back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back