Dedicated Servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to set the server name in config.cfg, or in adedserv.cfg if you only want it to apply in dedicated mode:

Code:
servername "Supersonic45's Server"

EDIT

Correction: Use dconfig.cfg in dedicated mode, not config.cfg.

supersonic45 said:
And config.cfg is... I'm really not sure.
It's the file where SRB2 keeps all its settings, and it lives in the same directory as srb2win.exe. It's a text file, so edit it with a text editor like Notepad.

supersonic45 said:
And so I add config.cfg in the WAD File section, then use -dedicated command line?
No, config.cfg is not a wad. It's a file that's loaded automatically at startup, always. Just change the line as I mentioned earlier, and the server name will be set automatically.

supersonic45 said:
Uh, my question is still not asked. Whenever I use config.cfg, the servername is SRB2 Server, and I can't stop it.

Sounds like me. I told it to name me Thunder yet I always appear in the netgame as player #.

supersonic45 said:
Uh, my question is still not asked. Whenever I use config.cfg, the servername is SRB2 Server, and I can't stop it.
I've just tested it out, and it seems I misinformed you: apparently, the game uses dconfig.cfg instead of config.cfg in dedicated mode. Add the servername line to that file instead. Sorry 'bout that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back