I got a problem with listserv...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. There is a slight possibility that you have been banned. If this is a possibility, read this http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=5305
2. You are not connected to the internet
3. you are connected to the internet, but you need to reboot your computer (this happens a lot)
4. If you have never joined or hosted a netgame before, maybe port 5029 is being blocked

1. I havn't been banned
2. I'm pretty sure I was connected (though I'm not posotive)
3. Well if this is the case, then I guess I'll have to burn everything I want to keep on a cd or 2 and reboot it.
4. I have hosted many and joined many netgames.

I'm thinking #2 is the case..... I'm on wireless network because we can't get a cable to my room so we use wireless.

NO, not reboot, I meant restart. And I"m not too familiar with wireless internet so I'm not the person for advice on that. But yeah, maybe it just needs a restart.

Joshthehedgehog said:
I'm thinking #2 is the case..... I'm on wireless network because we can't get a cable to my room so we use wireless.

Wireless internet does work, so you could block that off. I use wireless all the time. Try something else, did you restart like Hsew said?

Maybe it has something to do with the "ports" SRB2 uses, although I'm not too familiar with them. Has your computer gone through any changes lately (new software, settings, hardware, etc.)

This same thing happend to me. I never make servers, and I knew my internet connection was on. It stopped after 3 days.

This has been happening to me to, and I'm sure it's my ports. My solution?

Code:
PERIMETER -clientport <anynumber>

I'm not completly sure why it happens, though.

Ya know, sometimes, you see servers on listserv that are unjoinable, and won't apear on the join game(search) menu. I can't be the port number, since I've joined games with differen't ports than the default master server one. So what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back