Close calls in SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim the Fox!!!

What am I doing here?
Well, guys, I was wandering in the Internet (O RLY?) and I had an idea. Post here moments you were playing SRB2 and in some way you survived from some enemy or some hazard in the game. Now I'll post mine.

Stage: Arid Canyon.
Situation: I was with Sonic looking for his emblem, and I had a Whirlwind Shield. I was afraid of losing it for a BASH, when one of them appeared. I prepared the spindash and accidentally I released the key. I dashed with all speed to the death pit, but instinctively I pressed it again in the hope of stopping it, and accidentaly, I activated the Whirlwind shield, and I landed right in the edge of the deepest platform, almost dying. Then I paused and sighed really deep.

So, I wanna see who has survived!

You mean....... If someone had a situation of "almost die" or "survive is pratically impossible" or even "live is impossible but death is unlikely" and survived?

In ERZ3 when I was flying around with the missile and eggman was shooting at me. I got hit, only to soon fall to my doom but luckily (with my awesome aiming skills) the missle hit eggman (metal robotnik) and killed him before I died. And i did all this with sonic :)
(Like it actually matters if its sonic of not -_-)

Last edited:
Who changed my thread's name? Oh, well, I don't care.
And man, that was a close one.
Chaos Knux, can you tell me how you survived?
And PHCC: You must tell a situation that you thought you were in certain death, but miraculously survived. A bug, an accident, whatever you have to tell.

Well, when I was playing CTF in a netgame, in nimbus ruins, someone hit me, and I fell, but when I was by 0,1 cetimeter of the death pit, someone popped a teleporter and I survived. Pure Luck.

Last edited:
I was playing CTF in Nimbus Ruins, someone called SilverXQ was almost on top of me, and they had lured me to 0.1 millimeters, VERY CLOSE to death, but then someone OUT OF NOWHERE broke a teleporter, I was saying "THANK YOU!". Absolute luck.

In my netgame. I added a soc called drown-already.soc which means as soon as your underwater you lose a life by drowning. I was on the small ledge with the item box which is the one sticking out the lake. Someone came out of nowhere and shot scatter rings. I didn't know what to do so I tried to spin dash to the ground near me when "accidently" pressed jump and they scattered and I was lucky to see that they scattered wide enough for me to slip right through a tiny gap in between them and then I shot him right into the water and got 100 points just when the game finished. He got 270 points and I had 280 points. Lucky for me the scattered wide.

Super Angry Sonic will rise!

In ERZ3 when i was flyin around with the missile and eggman was shootin that sticky stuff at me. I got hit, only to soon fall to my doom but luckily (with my awesome aiming skills) the missle hit eggman (metal robotnik) and killed him before i died. And i did all this with sonic :)
Same here!

That´s nothing, I was at that Meadow Match (I think it´s called) I had a guy shooting scatter at me, we were both Sonic, and my only ring weapon was Rail, so I ran to him while he tried to hit me with that spammy ring, there was some frame lag, but not much c-lag, I got as close as I could, and he shot a scatter, milimeters in front of me, even more epicly, someone joined and the screen froze at that right moment, wich I used to aim and hit him with TEH RAILORZ.

Slipping off of Nimbus Ruins and then just managing to keep my footing with a Whirlwind Shield counts, no?

I was playing CTF and me and some other guy shot rail rings at almost the same time when the screen froze. I saw his rail ring a few inches away from hitting me, then I F12 him my rail was about to headshot him. And what a headshot that was.Oh and the rail ring looks kinda cool in mid-air.

When I tried to get the 7th emerald (for the billionth fecking time) as Sonic, I was SO CLOSE to falling off the edge of the platforms several times. When I managed to get 100 rings, I sighed deeply in relief.

EDIT: Bump'D the thread, didn't I? Sorry.

I guess I don't know...

Mode: Coop
Level: (It had no name...)
Character: Sonic
As soon as I jump I knew I was going to fall into the lava... But as soon as I thoked I made it to a Floating platform.. That fell and I landed on lava... THat didnt even kill me... or hurt me... Lucky me :3...

One of my best close calls in my SRB2 history was during Egg Rock Zone Act 2. Here's the description.

Stage: Egg Rock Zone
Act: 2
Situation: In the part where there was FOFs appearing and disappearing in order. I flew over to the button that opens the door, and when I descended (I immediately started to think I was going to lose a life), I luckily landed on an FOF. (That was a close one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back