What is the hardest Sonic boss you ever fought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I had heard of Metal S. which appeared as the fifth team choice ... outside the team selection screen. Anyway, I am not go far, because I quickly lost my Gamecube. She don't work, ah ah.

The hardest boss ? Ha, I remember I played a game with Sonic and I could not continue. But I forget what I was playing ! I may be wrong, but I think it was a boss in Sonic Heroes ... it was a knight of Eggman, there had a storm scene. I may be wrong! There are so many games and Sonic boss ... there may be a harder.

... (5 minutes pass ... on Google image)

.. ah, here !

0.jpg

It was he, but I think I played with Team Sonic.
Hum..also, I found this on Google this boss :

meristationsonicheroes1012kx.jpg

You know what is this boss? The final of Team Amy?

Thats the very last boss in Sonic Heroes. Metal Overlord who is actually Metal Sonic. You have to fight that boss with all the teams. The last team you have to battle him with is Sonic's Team and you have to fight him while Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are all super.

Last edited:
I never thought the Death Egg Zone boss in Sonic & Knuckles was difficult. The fingers are easy to take out with spin dash, and then just don't get hit when he's coming after you.

Sonic 2's boss was legitimately difficult with lack of rings and no saves. When I was a kid getting there too a long time and a lot of lives. It's easy now that I know the pattern, but man was it hard the first couple of times. And I think he takes like 12 hits, more than most Sonic bosses.

Sonic 2 for Game Gear, the first boss, is the cheapest and most frustrating boss I've ever faced in anything.

I see a lot of people saying Biolizard. I didn't even remember him. I had to Google it. I haven't played SA2 much since it was released. I am pretty sure I beat him the first time without much effort.

One boss that is really hard is Launch Base Zone with Knuckles. One hit and rings are gone. Unlike Sonic, he doesn't have the instashield to protect against ground spikes, or to get in an extra hit or two. I can beat that guy with my eyes closed with Sonic, but not KTE. I guess I rely too heavily on the instashield.

Someone earlier said the "barrel" in Carnival Night Zone in Sonic 3. Dude, seriously. I remember the first time I got the that room I had no idea what to do and just died when time ran out.

The boss for Labyrinth Zone in Sonic 1 is pretty damn tough. One wrong move and you drown. I hate that boss.

Biolizard probably.

That's the only boss that gave me any trouble.

Funny thing is it's not even that hard, I was just too incompetent. recently got HD version and beat him in one try.

Egg Nega-Wisp Armor from Sonic Colors DS.
I had spent so many lives and i got game over'd many times. I hate when he does Yellow Wisp/Cyan Wisp form. And his Second Phase made FURIOUS. I'm not good at Button Mashing anyway.

When I think about it, they're not that many hard bosses in Sonic games. For me, it would probably be Perfect Dark Gaia (the Wii version) or Twinkle Snow's boss from Sonic Advance 3. These I remember bitching and moaning about whenever I got a game over when I was throughout the ages of 6 & 10.

Sonic Advance 2 and 3 had some challenging bosses.

Though I really hated that Sky Canyon Boss.

If it's not the laser that always shoots in an awkward, hard-to-avoid place, it's the hand that likes to crush you beneath thin air for some reason.

Well, Sonic doesn't really have hard bosses, though the Death Egg Zone boss from S3&K was pretty hard. Cheap bosses, on the other hand... Emperor Egg. You have to be in a very narrow zone in terms of distance when you hit the jump pad or he'll either charge your ass or you'll collide with him when you have no control over your character; either way, you're practically guaranteed to fall into a pit. Beyond that, you're basically just grabbing level-up boxes and mashing attack in his general direction until he dies.

...Biolizard was a bitch for the last hit. To most people anyway.
I beat him first time when I was 9 by luck or skill, IDC which. Just first time. :D

The hardest I've ever fought is Egg Emperor because I didn't know how to beat him properly at the time. Now he's a piece of cake, but at the time he was an ass.

I think I not encounter difficulties in the boss battles, but Metal Sonic in Sonic ChampionShip (when you don't play in AT mode) is really hard so he can kill you in two attacks, so, play with Super Sonic in ChampionShip is pretty hard if you don't know how to kill Metal Sawnic without get K.O.

(Not sure if this counts but...) SRB2 ERZ act3 boss, whenever I play as sonic this boss is so frustrating and if I get a game over I have to start all the way from ERZ act 1 & 2; THIS IS FRUSTRATING.
However I have beaten him twice.

EDIT:
Also STH2, the metal sonic part (in the final level) was hard.

EDIT2:
-SA2B Final Hazard (stupid laser beams).
-STH360 Silver's Dusty Desert (HARD MODE). it was actually very time consuming.
-SonicRiders grinding missions
-SonicRush Sonic's final boss (before super, haven't finished the game).

Last edited:
Pretty much Sonic advance 2's cheap knuckles boss hand at Sky canyon. But when I found all about Sonic's airdash ability, it wasn't that hard at all. Except that though, I have to say that bosses from Sonic 2 for the game gear were difficult enough. The first boss and I have to say that as many attempts I have done, I've still failed. I haven't even fought another boss from that game, hell.

Actually though, one of the hardest bosses from the Sonic games that I have fought has to be a mid boss in S&K, in the Death egg zone. I lost many lives to it, even though it's still a mid boss...

I think I not encounter difficulties in the boss battles, but Metal Sonic in Sonic ChampionShip (when you don't play in AT mode) is really hard so he can kill you in two attacks, so, play with Super Sonic in ChampionShip is pretty hard if you don't know how to kill Metal Sawnic without get K.O.
Thanks for mentioning this. I forgot about this 'boss' from Sonic the Fighters. I've only beaten Metal Sonic once. Even if I try my very best with all my might, I can not beat Metal Sonic. Maybe the planets were aligned when I had beat Metal.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah. Metal Sonic was overpowered in STF. Like, REAL overpowered. I recently played him, I was going for Super Sonic (Reach round 2 with Metal Sonic without getting K.O.d once) But he did that... grab fly throw down thing followed by a corkscrew and then a cheap aerial hit for a finisher. Man, I wanted to throw my controller.

I think it´s mystic realm 2nd quest´s MRZ boss. But it´s beaten in this video: And 1.09.4 final boss is hard too with ultimate mode.

The biolizard is definitely the worst boss battle ever to exist.
Ok, I have 27 lives...
When i'm done, I have 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back