SRB2 Hub (1.3)

Well, he did say "Or" at the start of the message, and I take that as he didn't read my whole message, only the 28 MAPA*D lumps.
If he didn't say "Or", I would take it as he said "Yep, that can be done" rather than "It should be done this way, and you didn't say anything about it".
Amazing how one small word can make so big a difference for me.

Yeah, almost as amazing as the fact that you'd make a big deal out of it.

Looking good Hax, keep it up. On that screenshot, I think I'd suggest also making the background the faded gfz texture for consistency. (I think that's how the srb1 quest did it, right?)

Last edited:
Personally, I'd quite like to see a picture of SRB1 Sonic, or a sign with his head at least, just inside the SRB1 teleporter room. Only because the terrible sprite makes me laugh every time, to be honest.

Also regarding the SRB1 level select room, if you want to add more detail you could use the water flowing from the background to the foreground similar to what Knothole Base zone does.

Well, I think I could add some more, if you insist.
In all seriousness though, I think it gives a good taste of what you're up against with this level.

I call a "Flaming Gargoyle Zone".

Also there were a few qwirks I forgot to mention earlier.
(Wall of text incoming)
* For being only the second level of the main game, the entrance to GFZ2 is easily the most difficult entrance to reach of the entire zone. Whenever it's exploiting a trick to jump into a waterfall to increase the height of Sonic's jumps or some careful platforming.
* THZ1's Act 1 sign is quite easy to miss. In fact when I first entered THZ's HUD, I didn't even know it was Act 1. (Whelp, silly me)
* In RVZ's HUB, it is possible to press the button that would normally start Act 1 without triggering the warp to Act 1. The common "go under lava via lava falls" trick is also present here, in the area with Act 1's entrance.
* Pipe Towers Zone's room has a small texture error by the left waterfall in the back of the room with the solid blocks.

I also have an idea; in the Special Stage room, if you press one of the buttons, it displays a thumbnail of the current-selected Special Stage.

More legacy stages huh? you making sure they fully work properly?

You may also be giving me competition with those considering I'm still fixing up my mod while adding new things.

Well, SRB2 Hub's Legacy maps are based around 2.0 maps only (since if we did more it'd be overkill). SRB2TP, on the other hand, can very much extend to all prior versions of SRB2, not just the 2.0 era.

Also, is there any way that in servers when it's set to all players must be at the end for the level to finish, in the HUB and HUB only it always does "One Player for Exit" so everyone keeps their lives and acquired emeralds without waiting for everyone to select a stage at the same time?

Last edited:
It just me, or the slime-water from LTHZ2 (Legacy Techno Hill Zone 2) is more pink-colored than before? I don't remember it SO bright, but oh well, i like it.

QuKeM7V.png

4PtFuSl.png
Let me know if it looks too ugly. (I think I messed up.)

Maybe putting the same signs from the normal zones? (A sign with the image of Knothole Base Zone, for example) It'll kinda look fine, i guess.

Well, SRB2 Hub's Legacy maps are based around 2.0 maps only (since if we did more it'd be overkill). SRB2TP, on the other hand, can very much extend to all prior versions of SRB2, not just the 2.0 era.
Fair point, but I have to say that the current Legacy ERZ3 feels a bit small compared to 2.0.6.

I have a suggestion. In the bonus levels hallway, add a room containing your
Dark City Zone from srb2rock and also add your custom ACZ and RVZ acts 2 & 3.

He can't. Those were stolen. He restarted this in the first place to prevent accidentally stealing without permission.

Not to mention that version's DCZ2 was killed by using Launch Base Zone's music from Sonic Advance (which just didn't fit the theme of the level).

He can't. Those were stolen. He restarted this in the first place to prevent accidentally stealing without permission.
On this note, Gaga Hax, if you ever want to try and fill the gaps in SRB2's campaign again yourself in future I'll be happy to give you permission to port Metropolis Sprint for Dark City 1 again.

To be honest, I'm not too sure on how I feel on the SRB1 hub, being all 2D mode and all. Those springs leading you to the levels themselves, without having a feel for myself, are obviously pretty straightforward, but seem a bit unelegant on where they're set, too. I don't know, perhaps there should be a 3D Hub instead, although that's probably because I've never experienced a 2D hub in SRB2.

To be honest, I'm not too sure on how I feel on the SRB1 hub, being all 2D mode and all. Those springs leading you to the levels themselves, without having a feel for myself, are obviously pretty straightforward, but seem a bit unelegant on where they're set, too. I don't know, perhaps there should be a 3D Hub instead, although that's probably because I've never experienced a 2D hub in SRB2.

I'm... confused. On the one hand, the hub can be in 3D, we feel more used to this type of hub, but it would take away the magic to the hub; it is SRB1, and should be in 2D. But on the other hand, if in 2D, would give the touch of SRB1, but this would reduce the chances of us having ideas for the movement around each zone! What do we do?!

Last edited:
I'm... confused. On the one hand, the hub can be in 3D, we feel more used to this type of hub, but it would take away the magic to the hub; it is SRB1, and should be in 2D. But on the other hand, if in 2D, would give the touch of SRB1, but this would reduce the chances of us having ideas for the movement around each zone! What do we do?!

On second thought, I don't really mind the 2D hub so much now. I just thought that the springs looked awkwardly placed, that's all.

Last edited:
One small request: full version number on the main menu. It just says 0.6. To some, that might be 0.60, but I know for sure mine is 0.66. Thanks.

On second thought, I don't really mind the 2D hub so much now. I just thought that the springs looked awkwardly placed, that's all.

Yup, I'd already noticed that. Maybe... Yeah, a 3D Hub will work, even if the SRB1 remake is in 2D, I guess. But maybe can crash, because of the MANY things in a unique map.

On this note, Gaga Hax, if you ever want to try and fill the gaps in SRB2's campaign again yourself in future I'll be happy to give you permission to port Metropolis Sprint for Dark City 1 again.

If it does happen, I'd like to see it more as a separate addon rather than a permanent addition (since I really wasn't into the ACZ2, RVZ2, DCZ1, and DCZ2 from SRB2Rock when I first played them and IMO I'd keep SRB2 Hub a better way to visit vanilla levels only as well as 2.0 levels that were either modified massively or replaced altogether).

I also noticed the SRB1 Hub is in the same spot that the Special Stage Select room occupies in 0.66. If that's the case, where would the room for the 2.1 Special Stages be moved to?

Not bad! You have good skills! I loved this mod you made and i checked it out and there is something you could do to be cooler: at every time you go to a level and finish it, you go to the next level. Now what i'm asking to change, and this can take a lot of time, is: instead of going to the next level, we could get back to the hub, get the idea?

Anyway, this mod reminds me of Sonic Advance 3 and a bit of Sonic Adventure DX.

Not bad! You have good skills! I loved this mod you made and i checked it out and there is something you could do to be cooler: at every time you go to a level and finish it, you go to the next level. Now what i'm asking to change, and this can take a lot of time, is: instead of going to the next level, we could get back to the hub, get the idea?

Anyway, this mod reminds me of Sonic Advance 3 and a bit of Sonic Adventure DX.

If it were so, it would take away the grace to Level Selector. The thing is, for that is the Level Selector, and the map in the first place:
To access the level you want, and continue playing from that level, not to play that level only, and then return to the selector.
Seriously, if you want to return, just return to the title screen, and go back to the Hub.

Going back to the HUB directly through the host selecting the level causes players' lives counters to reset to the set default, their Score to be set to 0, and any collected Chaos Emeralds will disappear.

IMO normal Zones should only bring the player back to the HUB if they complete a full zone, so if you were to start from THZ2, the game would return you to the HUB after THZ3.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back