Match/Tag: Generic Hill Zone (the name seemed to fit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
I'm actually a little proud of how this came out, being my first map wad and all. Quite obviously, there may be some bugs, and it might get a little boring after a while (or not - I can't find out for myself at the moment), but I think it's good enough to be considered a non-noob wad. What do you think?

Screenshots? Sure.

I'll make an update and send it to the addons section sometime. Next month. When I finish the bugs. And make some other additions. Yeah. Short phrases.

But speaking of bugs, I need a little help on colormap; technically, I know how to make it show up in a sector. Unfortunately, the color goes all the way up to the ceiling of the entire level. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Wow, this is the most bugged up water I've seen in a long while. However, I will try to fix it anyhow. The level design not noobish at all, for someone's first WAD, this is great! :wink:

Blue Warrior said:
But speaking of bugs, I need a little help on colormap; technically, I know how to make it show up in a sector. Unfortunately, the color goes all the way up to the ceiling of the entire level. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?
You need to tag the colormap linedef to the water block control sector and not directly to the affected sector. I would advise you to use one of the water block control sector's linedefs as the colormap linedef in order to reduce sector number, as colormaps do not require a control sector.

Blue Warrior said:
I'm actually a little proud of how this came out, being my first map wad and all. Quite obviously, there may be some bugs, and it might get a little boring after a while (or not - I can't find out for myself at the moment), but I think it's good enough to be considered a non-noob wad. What do you think?

Screenshots? Sure.

I'll make an update and send it to the addons section sometime. Next month. When I finish the bugs. And make some other additions. Yeah. Short phrases.

It looks a bit like JTE's insane Adventure Island map...
This map is intresting and I shall keep an eye on it!

Well, actually:

In the archive for the last contest said:
Generally, don't worry much about that rule. The main reason it exists is to keep people from re-entering the same map over and over. Honestly, if it hasn't been entered in a previous contest, it's pretty much fine.

Hyper Tails said:
Well, actually:

In the archive for the last contest said:
Generally, don't worry much about that rule. The main reason it exists is to keep people from re-entering the same map over and over. Honestly, if it hasn't been entered in a previous contest, it's pretty much fine.

Hmmm.... Well it is a rule in the contest. And Mystic Said that....

He told me differently when I asked him if I could remake GCN Battle into a CTF map.

#srb2fun said:
[PM:08:23:10] <Shuffle> If I re-released GCN Battle Zone, copied, flipped, and connected as a two-sided CTF map, would it be allowed?
[PM:08:23:21] <Shuffle> I could make the red team the red GCN and the blue team the blue GCN o.o
[PM:08:23:43] <Mystic> No, that's against the rules of the contest
[PM:08:24:00] <Shuffle> Bah, I thought you said that was to keep people from entering something in a contest multiple times or something x_x
[PM:08:24:01] <Mystic> Otherwise Sapphire Falls CTF would be legal, and that was a lazy thing I threw together
[PM:08:24:12] <Mystic> NEW content, Shuffle. NEW content.
[PM:08:24:22] <Shuffle> Most people haven't played GCN Battle o.o.
[PM:08:24:39] <Shuffle> Besides, it wouldn't be the same level, it would be a chunk of the level copied and put into a whole new level.
[PM:08:24:41] <Mystic> Crystal Dimension was actually submitted for the LAST content about 4-5 hours late, but since I was on time for once, it wasn't in time
[PM:08:25:15] <Mystic> Starlight Palace isn't a legal entry because of the little opening room, Shuffle.
[PM:08:25:21] <Mystic> If I have to abide by the rules, so do you

Neo Chaotikal said:
Blue Warrior said:
You need to tag the colormap linedef to the water block control sector and not directly to the affected sector. I would advise you to use one of the water block control sector's linedefs as the colormap linedef in order to reduce sector number, as colormaps do not require a control sector.
Ah, I get it. Thanks, it works perfectly now. :)

How about entering this into the May/June Contest...

Nah. I'll just make some other map. I need to work on what makes a good ctf match, so I'll just enter that in next month's contest.

So, thanks for the comments so far, everyone. I'll release the final touches near the beginning of July.

EDIT: Why the heck do I always mix up June and July??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back