Poison Palace, now with CLIMBABLE WALLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
Poison Palace Zone, winner of the July/August 2008 Single Player Division, has now been improved by having the following:

- All walls are climbable
- Enormous gap is not as wide
- Continuously rising sector gimmick has been removed. It was glitchy.

Screenshot:

Julaug08-singleplayerstage.PNG

Download link:
Click here for FFH.
Click here for Mediafire.

Poison Palace Zone: 10/10
I actually cleared this level as Sonic. The green danger areas: perfect. The Tails area: perfect. Turrets/ crusher trap room: perfect. Everything about it: perfect!!!

8/10.

While it is improved, there seemed to be a lack of direction, so I didn't rate as high as I wanted to.

Also, bug. At the starpost just before the turret/crusher room, upon death, you will drop into the pit of acid immediately behind you, killing you again and again until you get a game over.

lol Doesn't matter to me. Thanks. :P

I'll be back later to give a proper rating.

EDIT: Holy crap. That's some good work you did there. :P

It took awhile to finish and it had a lot of original design. I was impressed. I agree with everyone else this is awesome. 9/10

Downloaded this, this morning, but got to just play it now. :(
This level is great. The combination of DSZ beta, CEZ music, Recovery solutions, Rainstorm keep textures, DSZ textures, uhh, it justs amazes me! There should be a second act or something 'cause this is great! Either that or make a racing/match level out of it. =P

All in all, this is great and I would love to see the n00bs falling and dying easily. Oh yeah, the difficulty is perfect, it's challenging and most points but not so challenging, it's impossible.

SRB2 screams out loud:

Could not browse the WAD file contents in this file.
Error -2147221504: File is not in IWAD or PWAD format.

EDIT:

Forget it. I hadn't done the download in right way... >_>

The main thing I don't like about this level is that it doesn't feel like I'm playing in anyplace or anywhere. It feels like the sector placement is there just to be there, resulting in a somewhat random feeling in gameplay. I like playing in places that somewhat make sense.

I found the stage somewhat epic, and challenging too. I liked that the Jetty-syns didn't bother me really, and I liked the falling wall part, alongside with the turrets part too.

Overall: 9,5/10
I liked this level, but there are some parts which you can be killed cheaply (I think). Otherwise I found it great...

Finally, a level meant for Tails. I gotta play this level with someone else as Sonic, that'll make it fun.

I cleared this level with both Sonic and Tails. For Sonic it was very challenging. For Tails... not so much.

What's with the secret area
[spoiler:d676adeb3c] after the end level sign? All it does it make me go through this green light that kills me in 5 seconds, some water, and then flies me through the outside part of the level into a slime death pit.[/spoiler:d676adeb3c]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back