A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romio. That video which you sent it makes my eyes bleeding because, the owner of that video is the most hated person in this community (His name is A Cat). If you think that video is positive, you wrong.

Romio. That video which you sent it makes my eyes bleeding because, the owner of that video is the most hated person in this community (His name is A Cat). If you think that video is positive, you wrong.

I Don't know who is he, but the exe he shared seemed like the same one that was "privately" given in IRC .

Okay, let's clear up a few things before this gets stupid:

1) A Cat isn't really "hated" more than a joke as far as I and some others are concerned. Don't give him the glory of acknowledging his failed attempts at disrupting SRB2 development, they don't deserve the attention.

2) As already stated that is definitely not a "2.2 leak". More likely is that someone *cough* handed A Cat an exe with slopes along with sloped gfz1 as part of a joke to fool him into thinking it was a leak.

3) Slopes or exes with them are not really "private" or top secret; the source code for slopes is actually publicly available on GitLab, which means anyone can use them theoretically (if only they knew how to make exes with them lol).

Been checking the GitLab and it looks like Red finished the slopes code, what else is left ? ACZ ?

Been checking the GitLab and it looks like Red finished the slopes code, what else is left ? ACZ ?

Yep, the devs have said that the only real goal of the 2.2 release is to include the rest of ACZ—eveything else is just a bonus (including slopes). Once ACZ is done, it'll be packaged with whatever other work the devs have completed and released as v2.2.

But as for me I don’t say a thing; Oh yeah

slopes have been done for quite a while. you can even use them yourself in Zone Builder, which just got released recently.

Please no sprite update to the characters

A.J.'s spritework is heart :(

We'll probably get a wad with the old sprites (and if they change it, the moveset as well) shortly after release of 2.2 and call it uglysonic or something.

This might be a late question, but besides the New ACZ act(s) and the DSZ updated version (and the OLDC contents of course), what else are you planning to put on 2.2 ? Will slopes be available in other levels besides DSZ ? and have you done any changes to improve the Multiplayer mode (No, not to the Netcode) ?

If I remember right wasn't the OLDC level that got in suppose to be the winner of a finals round for 2015 that never happened?

According to Mystic's post from last year
The winners of each division of each contest in 2015 will come back for a final runoff contest at the end of January 2016. The winner of each division of THAT contest gets to be included in the next major official release.

We had at least enough winners for a runoff at least. Though it's possible that canceling the OLDC until further notice also killed the runoff for what levels got into 2.2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back