A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're talking about me, I'm a girl.

And I don't know why everyone thinks loops are so important. They're not. They're mediocre in 2D and useless in 3D and to implement them (either as a cheap hack or as actual game behaviour) would be a waste of everyone's time.

Just put a loop in a skybox, so everyone will be happy :)

Apologies. I thought you were talking about my post that Fred quoted.

And yes, girls exist on the internet. Big whoop.

Apologies. I thought you were talking about my post that Fred quoted.

And yes, girls exist on the internet. Big whoop.
I'll be honest, I never really expected a female developer of SRB2. But in more ways, I'm glad. It shows that truly devoted Sonic fans can be any gender they want. And besides, hardcore female gamers exist on the internet, so no need to be that stereotypical.

I don't think this is the place to discuss female rarity on game forums, honestly.

Anyway, is DSZ the only zone that'll have slopes in 2.2 or will there be other?

Unknownlight: toaster was added to the SRB2 dev team long after 2.1's releases were done, you won't find her on the credits for the time being.

Steelie: Probably there'll be more zones featuring them. Considering how big a deal slopes are I'd honestly be more surprised if they DIDN'T appear anywhere in the game besides DSZ.

I wonder how hard it'll be to implement slopes in literally all the other zones. That'd be a real pain.

I'm liking what I see of 2.2 so far. Keep up the good pace!

Unknownlight: toaster was added to the SRB2 dev team long after 2.1's releases were done, you won't find her on the credits for the time being.

Steelie: Probably there'll be more zones featuring them. Considering how big a deal slopes are I'd honestly be more surprised if they DIDN'T appear anywhere in the game besides DSZ.

Welp, this pretty much confirms a new DSZ for 2.2, then?

Welp, this pretty much confirms a new DSZ for 2.2, then?

I'm i the only one keeping an eye on this thread ? (Finally deep sea is an actual Sea .
srb20022.gif

I wonder how hard it'll be to implement slopes in literally all the other zones. That'd be a real pain.

It won't be that hard, It's basically a linedef effect that is Super easy to setup.

It won't be that hard, It's basically a linedef effect that is Super easy to setup.

They may have to modify existing levels or even redesign levels in order to incorporate slopes so it doesn't look like it was just slapped on to maps without any care.

They may have to modify existing levels or even redesign levels in order to incorporate slopes so it doesn't look like it was just slapped on to maps without any care.

If we put slopes everywhere willy-nilly, SRB2's entire SP campaign will end up like gfz1slopetest.wad. You really don't want that to happen.

With the huge slopes at the end?
Perfect!

Besides, do all levels need a slope overhaul?
I mean, some things like THZ2 are already fine. (Even though you can use slopes for the pipes at the beginning)

Here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXKx-vNfqaM (note : only for an earlier version of 2.1, it was 2.1.7 if i remember ) .

You do realise that this isn't a 2.2 leak, because:

1. The tunnel at the start is absent in 2.1 and most definetly will be aswell in 2.2, someone also stated in the comments that it wasn't even the real one.

2. The person that made it basically has a really bad reputation in this community :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back