A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Posted by Mystic on 02-14-2015 11:36 PM. If only the script worked...

While development on new content has been slow due to all of the patches to 2.1 last year, we've finally progressed to the point where we can show off at least a few tidbits of what's upcoming for version 2.2! Like every preview we post, things shown off here are subject to change before release.

feb15a.png

Here's a shot of the work-in-progress copy of Arid Canyon Zone Act 2. While a lot of the details are still in need of filling in, the stage is coming together quite nicely and expands on some of the concepts from Act 1 while adding a new gimmick for a little more variety.

feb15b.png

Deep Sea Zone has been a sticking point to a lot of players since its release along with 2.0. While it's a lot less far along in development than ACZ2, DSZ is getting a proper revamp to fix a lot of the problems in its initial release, including some completely new content and lots of new texturing.

feb15c.png

2.2 expands on including some of the best content from the Official Level Design Contest as vanilla unlockables. If you've entered into the OLDC in the last few years, you might want to keep your ears open. We might even want to include your stage as well.
Since apparently we can't have this type of thread without this kind of message, here it is:

Discussing known information and speculating based on that information is okay, but don't go on tangents or make baseless speculation or absurd claims. To start off the thread, here are the answers to the questions I KNOW half of you are dying to ask yet again:

1. There is no release date. Asking will not change that. Making stupid jokes about how long it'll take will get you infracted.
2. The netcode is still just as shitty as it ever was.

Since that's already answered, we don't need to go over it again. With your cooperation, we can actually have a lively, intelligent discussion instead of senseless begging, and I'm pretty sure that's what you all want too, not just me.

Last edited:
This CANNOT be Deep Sea. It's not possible, it looks amazing.

That ACZ2 looks like trash and garbage. You should fire whoever made it from the dev team immediately. (The skybox looks nice, though.)

Man, I'm very excited. I expect this version to be awesome. 2.1 was amazing, and one of the things I loved about it the most was the attention to details. All those little features that seem insignificant made the game so much better in my opinion (the sound knux makes when he climbs a wall, the skidding, the ghostly effect when you take the super-sneakers, the new weapon sounds, etc.). I hope there will be changes like that in 2.2 too. I can't wait too see ACZ2 and the improvents in DSZ. Also, I can't wait to see how were the emblems changed after the emblem feedback.

so%20it%20begins.gif

...The wait, I mean.

Few nice changes here and there.
Nice previews for the maps.
FuckingSonic is hype.

Anything more to say other than "Release Date? HAH"?

feb15b.png

Deep Sea Zone has been a sticking point to a lot of players since its release along with 2.0. While it's a lot less far along in development than ACZ2, DSZ is getting a proper revamp to fix a lot of the problems in its initial release, including some completely new content and lots of new texturing.
Deep Sea!? Oh my god, the new textures look fucking rad! Any estimates on when is 2.2 going to be released? (other than "along with Half-Life 3")

50 fucking years for 2.1, another 50 fucking years for 2.2, Not big surprise, Though, looking forward to the new features such as the new spindash. Good luck devs.

I swear, why do the same stupid questions keep getting asked over and over and over again when you should all know the answer by now? To reiterate YET AGAIN:

1. There is no release date. Asking will not change that. Making stupid jokes about how long it'll take will get you infracted.
2. The netcode is still just as shitty as it ever was.

Since that's already answered, we don't need to go over it again. Original post updated so you all have no excuse.

Let the hype train begin again!

So, I'm assuming Sonic's sprites have been redone, like Knuckles's in the 2.1 release? Or is it just the spindash animation that's changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back