Role Playing, Cursing, Flaming and Other Off-Topic Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Geeker forums are seperate completely, and anything AJ deems allowable is allowable there. This doesn't apply to hosted forums.

It's just that if we let people swear and junk, the place will be nothing but double-postings, swearing, flame wars, and all of the stuff that you don't see on the Simpsons.

ALL HAIL THE SIMPSONS! XD

Mystic said:
The Geeker forums are seperate completely, and anything AJ deems allowable is allowable there. This doesn't apply to hosted forums.

However the Geeker forum shouldn't be a dumping ground for nonsense from the SRB2 members.

Frankly, the only thing Mystic's reaffirming that I have a beef with is "role-playing", which should be okay if it's occasional, not frequent and usually part of a post with other, not-role-playing content (or, rather, IS okay, if you're not here). Everything else is common sense.

And what I mean by what I said, is that the occasional "*looks around for said WAD file*" should be okay, if in moderation. But, eh, I don't make the rules around here.

Shadow Hog, I don't have a problem with actions, like your example, I have a problem with, say, people fighting on the forum with fake attacks, and so on. Again, small amounts of everything on this list is okay, the problem is when it becomes commonplace.

If your entire post is an action, you're probably breaking the rules. If you start or end your post with an action, you might be fine depending on what you're saying.

I'm not here to be some kind of dictator, these rules have been here the whole time. I'm just making it very clear so people can at least pay more attention. This place has totally different rules from the chat room, and is much more strict on what can and can't be said. If you want to do the stuff you see above, try one of the chat rooms. Cursing is allowed, and there are places for role playing, spam, and other stuff listed above. All I'm saying is that the SRB2 forums is NOT the place for this stuff, and it needs to be taken elsewhere.

This stuff isn't "Do this and you will be banned immediately" either. You all know how hard it is to be banned from here, so this stuff isn't going to immediately get you a permban by any means. However, if you repetitively do this stuff and ignore administrative warnings telling you to stop, you will be well on your way to getting yourself a tempban and eventually a permban.

I think what Mystic is trying to get through to you guys is that you have to have common sence here. Think before you post, as if its a test:
-Does it have very stupid spelling errors and/or punctuation?
-Is it extremly stupid?
-Am I flaming somebody with/without swearing?
You guys should get the point. Try using your head, guys.

DINGDINGDINGDING!
Spazzo wins the internet. It's like your avatar, I guess... Check your post before uploading to make sure it's under the limits etc?

Chaos Zero 64 said:
It's just that if we let people swear and junk, the place will be nothing but double-postings, swearing, flame wars, and all of the stuff that you don't see on the Simpsons.

ALL HAIL THE SIMPSONS! XD
[sig]

I think you should add an announcement that says not to post for help on a mod unless you actually have something to show, since alot of people have been getting their topics locked lately.

Though Logan/Alam/Whoeverthatevildudeis sometimes gets a little kick-happy... >.>
And I do my job too, you know.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Yes. Post on IRC instead, we have practically no rules there; especially none against asking for help on mods.
There really aren't any rules against asking for help with mods here, you just need to actually have a project going before doing so. You'll notice that the people who ask for help are the type that wake up one day where right out of the blue, something clicks in their head and they start the "Hey, I think I'll make a mod with 20 characters and 50 levels today!" schtick, when, quite surprisingly, they don't have anything done. And they generally ask for help right off the bat because they have no clue what they're doing regardless, and for the most part, expect someone else to do all the work. So if you actually have something going already, then I really don't see a problem with asking for help.

Sounds kinda like DMSC.. all they had done was a tiny level and a title screen when I came along. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back