Upcoming Sonic Movie by Columbia Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
"studio going for a dark, edgy version skewed towards older audiences!" "the studio plans to make it a mix of live-action and animation" I am doubtful about this information.

Also it's not even in the writing phase yet, if this turns out to be real it won't be coming for a long time.

I mean, who doesn’t want to see a bad ass version of Sonic?!
They should really see Shadow. That's what edgy furry animals looks like, and it's not pretty.

Assuming this is real, the brand is going to have some really mixed messages. You're going to have the kid-friendly Sonic Boom playing on TV, and those kids that like the show so much are going to be pretty confused by this- that is, if the rating is even okay for them. And then you've got the audience that just plays the games, the ones that have really toned down the kind of stuff we saw in the SA era up until '06 (essentially where the games had a large focus on a story, one that is by platformer standards complex) and have become more simpler affairs with a larger focus on gameplay and even some humor rather than the corniness there used to be.

I mean, I'm going to be able to say that I've seen Sonic say "damn" before and thus it's not new to me, but will everyone else outside the core fanbase feel comfortable with it?

also i guess i hope he doesn't become photorealistic or something, that sort of pixar look that's become common nowadays would fit best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back