Sea Egg can get stuck in its painstate if hit while traveling between waypoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
Frequently when I play Liftoff Gantry Zone 3 on netgames (a boss battle featuring the Sea Egg), the boss will do something strange if he is hit while he is moving. The Sea Egg will get stuck in its painstate, which means that it is in a perpetual state of flashing invincibility, does not move, does not attack, and makes defeating him impossible.

I haven't observed this effect in Deep Sea Zone 3. I'm not sure if it's a problem with my level or a problem with the Sea Egg. But I thought I'd bring this to the attention of the community.

I think it's problem with your level Fawfulfan... Because if you hit movin' Sea Egg in Blue Mountain Zone 4 (2.0mod.wad) He will still attacks, move and not flashin'.

I think it's problem with your level Fawfulfan... Because if you hit movin' Sea Egg in Blue Mountain Zone 4 (2.0mod.wad) He will still attacks, move and not flashin'.

Well, if the problem is with my level, then would somebody please explain what I did wrong? The only difference I can see is structural; unlike in other levels, the Sea Egg in LGZ is exposed as it moves. This would imply that the glitch is not merely restricted to my level; its just that workaround devised in other levels prevent it from becoming noticeable.

If this is indeed the case, then it is a genuine bug and deserves attention.

Well, you're generally not suppose to hit the Sea Egg while he's moving because he is normally inside of the pipes, excluding hitting him via spin dashing into the pipe. It could be a problem that he can now be hit while moving that causes him to glitch up.

Well, you're generally not suppose to hit the Sea Egg while he's moving because he is normally inside of the pipes, excluding hitting him via spin dashing into the pipe. It could be a problem that he can now be hit while moving that causes him to glitch up.

Not really, i think it's because arena is movin' up.

The arena isn't moving up, the wall textures are scrolling down. So it has nothing to do with that.

The arena isn't moving up, the wall textures are scrolling down. So it has nothing to do with that.

well I didn't noticed this, but if you fell you are falling fastes then normally. It's so different when you jumpin' or it's only me?? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back