• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Heroes (slooowly progressing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did, Eblo. I had them transparent before XWE decided to blew it all >_>. But still, now I have the chance to say that, while they do make visibility better, some letters may be hard to understand when in front of the lives icon... I'll try to reduce the text as much as I can. But if someone tries to get a hint from a hint orb, they'll have to suffer with the huge text!

Export a random sprite as a .bmp. Use MSPaint to open the exported image and copypaste the image you want into MSPaint and crop/resize/edit as necessary. Save the file. Load it up into XWE, and it should be transparent.

The reason why is that .bmp files can (apparently) be saved using several different methods, and 256-color is the proper method of saving. However, I have no idea how to configure which 256 colors the .bmp files uses, so using a preconfigured file does the job nicely.

No, you got it wrong, BlueZero. I was talking about transparency on the cechos, the text that appears when one of the characters talk. The graphics used on this mod have transparency, don't worry.

Also, a notice: people, I want reviews with good and bad aspects. I'm thinking of remaking this level (almost all from scratch). It's true that Sonic Heroes' levels are incredibly linear, and that doesn't go well with SRB2's complete absence of linearity. I'll be away for a few days, so when I come back, I want to see what everyone thinks, so I can add/remove/fix/keep in Frog Forest V2. Like DOOD64 did, only with less questions that were answered on the first post :P

Last edited:
hey Espyo, why did you start from Frog Forest? XD

Seaside hill will be awesome if you use the original textures, and same with FF

Yeah, Seaside Hill hill could be awesome with originility. I just want to know why you started with Frog Forest.

True, well mabye at least some multiple paths? Gives you some options and not making you do something.

I remember making an original unfinished seaside hill at the wadbase. You can dig around in the old Sonic Heroes mod topic if you wanna find it.

I remember making an original unfinished seaside hill at the wadbase. You can dig around in the old Sonic Heroes mod topic if you wanna find it.

yep I think i have it in my old SRB2 folder, the level was awesome! :P

This wad is awesome except for one thing. Look at the picture.
srb20001.png

Did Knuckles actually said that in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back